All reviews oxford college staging area small town atmosphere vampire diaries fast food restaurants night's sleep front desk personnel very nice hotel room was spacious excellent stay would stay here again enjoyed our stay lq pets hurricane freeway irma
Reviewed 13 November 2017

There was an anfestation in room 1101. When my daughter woke up there were ants in her bed and in her snacks after a 1 day stay. When this was brought to the attention of the staff and I was offered a $30 discount because I did not bring this up earlier......they weren’t there earlier!!! They came through a crack in the wall at the bottom based on the video provided. Management said they were unaware of this issue which I find hard to believe. The agent said that she is only able to offer that and if I need further assistance to call back on Monday. After calling back on Monday and having to inform them of the video and pictures that I have. I mentioned at the very least I would like the room compted she obliged. I’m am surprised at the level of service of a manager at this location where there was not an immediate need to fix the problem. While a having the room compted fixed this problem they are not looking to build a relationship going forward. The difference between a franchise and a corporate location is obvious.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LeanaWhite, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Covington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

vrpounds,

I do apologize for your experience, this is not the norm at this property. Janiece at the front desk took care of discounting your stay and I was unaware that this was not to your satisfaction. I did speak with you on Monday to resolve this matter to your satisfaction. Guest is experience is my number one goal, and I do apologize for the experience that you had.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Even though I was exhausted upon arrival, my family and I got very little sleep. The air conditioner in our room sounded like a jet engine. When we tried turning it off, it made loud popping noises. The shower would also not drain properly. Around 1am, we could take no more and requested another room. Air conditioner was still noisy but an improvement. Once breakfast service began, we could hear chatter from two floors down. Water in shower was lukewarm and did not get hot.

Trip type: Travelled with family
LeanaWhite, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Covington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Hi cbrown9802,

I do apologize for what you experienced during your stay. You concerns are very important to us and we appreciate your feedback. I do hope that you will give us a chance in the future to make your stay!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We stayed in this hotel for one night at the end of October 2017. We were heading out for The Vampire Diaries tour the next morning and wanted to stay close to where it started.

The hotel was clean and nicely furnished. The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful upon our arrival. We were checked in quickly and told about breakfast the next morning.

The hotel has all interior corridors which is nice and not always something you find at a La Quinta.

Our room was quiet and comfortable. The shower worked well and we were able to watch the World Series on the TV in our room. The internet also work well.

The breakfast was typical hotel fare. It was fresh and warm so what more do you need?

Overall it was a nice room for the night and I would stay there again.

Room tip: Upper floors seem quieter
Date of stay: October 2017

Dear HockeyGiraffe,

Thank you so much for staying at the new La Quinta Inn & suites Covington, GA & for taking time to review your 5 star experience! I am so happy to hear that you had a great stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Understaffed. Hotel was nothing nothing fancy. Reservations were incorrect. Ended up with not enough bed space for the number of people in our party. 4 people...one king bed. Hotel was completely booked, so we found another customer to swap rooms with.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LeanaWhite, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Covington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Hi Davita H,

I do apologize for your experience. WI am personally looking into the situation and reviewing the situation so that this does not occur in the future. We do hope that oyu will give us another chance!

Reviewed 6 November 2017

We needed a travelling break and found this hotel...super convenient to I 20. Friendly staff at both check in and out. Room was spacious and immaculate. Bathroom was well stocked and super clean. No complaints from us.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Heidi C,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your 5 star experience! I will share your kind words with the hotel team!