“Service slow, food cold,Just not a good experience ”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #9 of 58 Restaurants in Cordele
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

It was not too busy when we showed up. There was only 3 of us. After minute or so we were greeted and seated. The waitress was very friendly got our drink orders and checked back about 5/6 minutes later to get our food order. This is where it went south. We waited nearly 45 mins for food. We were checked on 2x —1 excuse was 2 more mins and the 2nd was there’s a new person working the grill so they are waiting on bacon.... (we ordered eggs, bacon, yogurt, Pancakes )

Now mind you I have already seen multiple people sat after us that got their food before us and we are still waiting with NO ONE checking us.

I can understand if it was busy but I honestly think our order was forgot and then instead of own it, let’s make excuses.

By the time we got our food, eggs were barely warm with one order of scrambled being quite undercooked in the middle.
We ate what we could and just left at that point.

There are probably other places to go to which I highly recommend over this location

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Ordered green beans carrots coleslaw pot roast. Carrots and green beans were so mushy inedible. Bring out second order of green beans carrots it was the same. Ordered Side salad fried okra, and after three we quest I finally got my coleslaw. The roast beef was great. Been Cracker Barrel I did not check my TripAdvisor if I had I would’ve seen 22 terrible generally never stopped.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 4 August 2018

Good service, decent food, fair prices but …. I got the attention of our waitress just as she had picked up a broom and dust pan. I needed a spoon and she put down the cleaning supplies and retrieved my spoon all without regard to the transfer of germs and dirt. A woman in her sixties perhaps and she doesn't know enough to wash her hands in certain situations?

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Mike P
Reviewed 2 August 2018

I was in town for a funeral and decided to eat my evening meal here. I grew up in Cordele, which isn't known as a gastronomical showplace..at least for the restaurants in town. There are some jewels in the county but 8-10 miles from town so I opted for this one since it was near the Holiday Inn Express where I was staying plus I had a gift card! I had the meatloaf dinner with 3 sides: dumplings, fried okra, and green beans. The meat loaf tasted canned, if that's possible. I should have known better and ordered something else. The sides were all good. I asked for and received one piece of cornbread, which I crumbled and put in with the dumplings. Service here is always slow. I have not eaten here and had great service in years. It always seems like the whole wait staff is still training and can only handle one table at a time, and sometimes just one order at a time! My server, whose name I won't mention, was very friendly but not very attentive and just slow! I will return here if I'm back in Cordele because even though it's what it is, it's still one of the best places in town! Next time, no meatloaf!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 1 August 2018

On the road, again, and tried new spot. Food and service were excellent - I had breakfast, eggs, bacon, toast, and grits. Very reasonable prices. The gift area got me this trip - I bought all the "lemon" items I could find for a favorite niece who just let me know she loved lemon flavor - lemon drops, etc. GREAT PLACE FOR CANDIES THAT USED TO BE MORE PREVALENT.

Date of visit: July 2018

Been to Cracker Barrel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK