“Enjoyable stay”

Ranked #33 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
naples fl
“Enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

We were there with kids in a sports function. It was very enjoyable and accomadating.
They were a very friendly staff. Our room was clean and comfortable. We would return again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Holiday I, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Thank you so very much for your kind comments. We would be honored to have your Team return the hotel for future tournaments! We greatly appreciate all comments, both negative and positive. These comments help us tremendously to know our areas of weakness or strenghts so that we can address them or give praise to our great staff. Thank you again and we hope to see you back at the hotel in the near future! Please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to oversee your stay!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

The room was acceptable. I'd ask for a second floor room though. While this hotel has interior corridors, the first floor rooms have a sliding glass door with easy access to the parking lot. I'm not a big fan of the motel style rooms.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Strifez28
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn- Columbus, GA. We certainly understand that you may feel more comfortable in a second floor room. We are thankful to say that we have not had any problems, as far as criminal activity with the downstairs rooms with the sliding glass doors. There are three different locks on these doors in an effort to make our guests feel secure.

Please know we do not want your stay to or room to be just "acceptable", but to exceed your expectations. The next time you are in the Columbus area, I would greatly appreciate you allowing me to personally oversee your reservation. We greatly appreciate your business and certainly hope to have the opportunity to have you as our guest again! Thank you, again, for your feedback.
Carrollton, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

This was my second stay at the Holiday Inn. I was roomed near the side of the highway. I was awaked at 4:30am by doors closing, trucks & cars reviving up. The carpet on the floor had stains that really need to be addressed... I will be looking for another place to stay next time in Columbus...

Room Tip: Don't sleep on the side where the interstate is... No sleep .....
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 8 January 2012
I am terribly sorry about your latest experience at the Holiday Inn. Please accept our sincerest apologies in regards to other guests were making noise outside of your room. Please know that we are conducting research on the stains in your room that we've obviously missed. We greatly appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention! Again, I can assure you the carpet stain will be addressed as well as the noise level. Please always feel free to contact the front desk so they can make security aware of your concerns.

Thank you for coming back a second time! I am hoping that you came back to stay with us because your first experience was a pleasant one! In hopes of you allowing us to redeem ourselves, please allow us to provide a complimentary room for you? I would be honord to personally oversee your room every time to insure your stay is ALWAYS a pleasant one! Thank you for your kind consideration and bringing these issues to our attention!

Travellers are raving about these Columbus hotels

Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

This place is an antique and not up to today's standards or expectations. The rooms are very small as well as the bathrooms. It's one of those old two story motels but the rooms open out onto inside hallways rather than outside ones. We had a welcome basket with crackers, fruit, water, and candy but there was no refrigerator to put any leftover fruit in that we didn't eat. Our tub wasn't cleaned thoroughly, there was no extra toilet paper roll, no towel racks, one plastic very small shelf, shower curtain so short that the water pooled up on the floor, and the sink was extremely slow to drain. We called about that and nothing was done to correct it the entire three days we stayed there. The positive side to all of this was the small bar where the bartender, Melvin, was the best we have ever had anywhere. He is attending college and seems to enjoy his job and the people who come into his bar. The restaurant "chef" is Tim and other than a tough rib eye, the other food we had for breakfast, lunch, and dinner was inexpensively priced, well seasoned, and served at the right temperature. However, that was not incentive enough for us to ever go back.

Room Tip: Ask for the largest room you can afford because an average room there is very small also you might p...
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 4 January 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn- Columbus. Please know that we take a great deal of pride in the hotel and the level of customer service our staff provides; therefore, I CANNOT APOLOGIZE ENOUGH for the experience you had during your stay with us!

Please know the facility was completely renovated in 2010 so the issues you had are unacceptable and we will be taking drastic measures to insure other guests do not experience these issues. Should your travel needs bring you back to Columbus, please contact me directly so I may personally oversee your reservation! We would be honored to provide a complimentary night on us in an effort to redeem ourselves! Thank you so much for bringing these issues to our attention!
Fort Benning, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

We stayed here for over two weeks while relocating to GA for a military move. The breakfast staff should all be given raises. They were probably the most pleasant hotel employees I have ever met (and with my family having stayed in hotels for over 100+ days this year we have had significant chances to encounter plenty of hotel staff). For breakfast they have scrambled egg, biscuits, gravy, grits, bacon, sausage links, country potatoes, Dannon fruit on the bottom yogurt, muffins, danishes, individual boxes of Kellogg cereals, and fresh fruit. The fresh fruit includes cut strawberries, pineapples, melon, grapes, and manderin oranges. It was very good. Almost everyone at the hotel was very nice. The housekeeping staff would say good morning to us when we walked down the hallway to breakfast. Same with the front desk when they didn't have someone they were helping. It did get a little iritating having to ask for the breakfast coupon every morning rather than just being given enough of the to last for our entire reservation. Same with the 30% off dinner coupon. We would have actually ate dinner in the hotel restaurant more often if we didn't have to ask for it ever time we went in there. At other Holiday Inns where we have stayed all you had to do was mention that you were a hotel guest to get the discount rather than have to use a coupon. The room we had was a king with the sofa. It was large enough for us to move the table out of the way and put up our daughter's playpen and her swing. The bed had a thick mattress pad which made it feel more like a pillow top. The pillows could have been better (they seemed a little worn with parts that were bunched up). The room was clean and we did have the small fridge, but no microwave. I think all of the rooms have sliding glass doors. Ours looked out at the pool and had a small table and chair to sit outside. When we first arrived we did have to ask for a different comforter because there was something on the one that was originally in the room. The only real complaints that we had was on our last day. I had contacted the front desk and asked for a late checkout and was told we could stay until 2pm. Unfortunately, my baby had been up all night so when the housekeeping staff started knocking prior to 11 am they were interupting sleep that I desparately needed. They knocked four different times between that first knock and 1 pm, even though I had the do not disturb sign on the door. I could also hear them out in the hallway talking about wanting in our room so I finally gave up and just tried to leave as quickly as possible. The housekeepers vacumm was even sitting outside our door for us to almost trip over. We were in such a rush to leave I forgot my daughter's bottle that was warming in the bathroom. I remembered it about five minutes after we checked out and contacted the front desk immediately to tell them we would be coming back for it. Unfortunately, either the housekeeper was in such a rush to finish that she immediately tossed it upon entering the room or the front desk never contacted her to tell her that we were coming back for it and so it was thrown in the garbage. I was very upset because common sense would have told me that a bottle warming in warm water was going to be something that was missed right away and probably should be held onto for a couple of minutes, but that I guess was more than could be expected. The front desk did reimburse $6 for the bottle, but my real problem was that bottle was meant for my breast pump and was not able to be replaced right away, which meant that not only did I have to breast feed my daughter in rest stops with people looking at me doing it on the way for us to spend Thanksgiving in NC, but I will have to do the same thing on the way back since I can't get another bottle at any store here. I can order it online and get it shipped to a store in two weeks or to a house in two weeks, but no chance to get one to use before that. All because they were so quick to throw that bottle out I am now going to be forced to endure the pain of engorged breasts because I can't replace the bottle without traveling for multiple hours to get to a store that carries it. I don't really think the $6 makes up for the problems that one bottle and them throwing it away has caused for me. Overall the hotel is decent and staff is friendly. Just make sure that you don't leave ANYTHING behind for even five minutes or you may never get it back.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
On behalf of the entire staff, please except our sincerest apology for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay at the Holiday Inn in Columbus, GA.

Please know, we take your concerns seriously, it is our job to ensure your stay is pleasant and our goal is to exceed your expectations. We have discussed these concerns with our staff accordingly and have taken corrective actions where needed.

We greatly appreciate your kind comments and have shared them with the staff. We appreciate you taking to time to bring this to our attention. We wish you the best of luck with your relocation. Please know that we remain a call away. Again, we cannot apologize enough!