“PERFECT IF GOING TO GRADUATION, FORT BENNING”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus (Fort Benning)
Ranked #26 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Pennsville, New Jersey
“PERFECT IF GOING TO GRADUATION, FORT BENNING”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

I stayed there in December, 2011, great room, I had a suite and it was perfect for me and my kid, we went for a Ft. Benning Graduation, it was about 15 minutes from base, the hotel is in a good location, lots of places for dinner also easy access to major roads, close to shopping centers. The indoor pool was great, very warm, which I like, the breakfast was good, alittle of everything. (If you go during the week , check to see if they offer the complimentry lunch, they just started that and we did not know about it , no one told us, it was Thursday, they had mini burgers, cheese platter, crackers, beer , wine )
We checked in early and no-one was there, but later in the evening there were alot of people checking in

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank mee46726
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Windham maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

Extremely cordial,professional and gracious staff..Helpful in many ways..Clean rooms..Nice breakfast....Felt at home..This was southern hospitality!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Rick D
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

Clean rooms, friendly staff, and good rate. Not the closest to Ft Benning, but in my opinion this location is much better than the seedy areas around the base. Lots of food and shopping choices nearby.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MOtraveler08
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

We were at Fort Benning for a family vacation, and were quite disappointed by the hotel. The rooms were fine at first, but the A/C's leaked every night, one night completely soaking one of our suitcases, and all the clothes therein. The hotel did offer to dry the clothes with their commercial dryer since the pay-per-use one was down. Breakfast was decent, but nothing wonderful.

After the first night, I called the hotel front desk to let them know about the A/C. They sent someone up to put a fan on it and try to soak it up with a wet vac. After the first night, the mildew in the room started to flair up, and by the second night, there was black growing on the A/C!

The hallways had the same problem with their A/C's - every day we were there, the hallways were hot, because they had to open the windows to air out them out from the smell and moisture. Come to find out from other guests, all of their rooms were having the same problem.

Pool was ok, but was closed after our first night there.

Fitness center was 1 treadmill, 1 elliptical, 1 bike, and a few weights.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Ramhotels, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus (Fort Benning), responded to this review, 7 September 2011
Re: Recent Guest Experience Survey

I would like to first, thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to complete a survey for the Country Inn & Suites – Columbus Ft benning. While I know that you had many other things to do, I sincerely appreciate your feedback on how my staff and I are doing as it relates to servicing our guests.

After reviewing your survey, I deeply regret that my team and I did not earn a 5 out of 5 and regret any issues that you experienced during your stay with us. I take full responsibility in ensuring each of my guests have an outstanding experience while staying with my staff and I here at the Country Inn & Suites.

My expectancy of my team does not allow room for such mishaps, but demands that we are constantly performing at 100% Guest Excellence! I dare not to put a price on this terrible incident, however, I felt the very least I could do is acknowledge that I did receive your review and definitely will use it as a training tool for myself and my staff and that I have taken all the necessary steps to ensure if you are ever back in the area, we make sure those areas of concern are no longer.

In the meantime, please, again accept my humblest apology on behalf of my staff and I.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

My family and I have stayed at this hotel several times while visiting relatives in Columbus. Each time the staff has been very professional and friendly. The break fast was excellent with hot dishes changing daily. We didn't like the indoor pool because the ventilation was lacking and the chlorine burns your eyes. Our room has always been clean and service was timely and friendly. The hotel is a little hard to find behind the tire store, second drive way. Walking to area restaurants is not easy, you need a car to get there. I don't consider this hotel a good value. The rates seem high for no reason. Maybe it's the government per diem rate that they set their rates by. Better values, like the Hampton Inn, can be found in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family