“Irma evacuees ”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus North
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Let's just say we had a tough time along with the rest of the state of Florida leaving. My husband check our res. And it had us for the wrong dates and Malinda fixed all of it and reassured us that we had a room. Trisha had snacks and kindness waiting when we arrived. We just had an issue again with booking.com again and they fixed it all. Thank you guys this could have been a disaster and it was an adventure.

Stayed: September 2017
Melinda F, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Kortne P, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. And thanks for the "5" stars. I'm glad I was able to take care of your issues concerning Booking.com. The hurricane was a stressful time for everyone. Glad to know we helped to make it a good adventure for you. We wish nothing but the best for you and your family. We hope to see you again in the future. Hope you didn't have much damage! Have a WONDERFUL week!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I were evacuating SW Florida for Hurricane Irma, and I was frantically searching for a hotel in the Columbus GA area, as many other hotels in Georgia were quickly booking up. I went on BringFido.com to find pet friendly hotels and Microtel is listed as pet friendly. I called the hotel and explained that we were evacuating for the hurricane, and noted that I found the hotel on BringFido. The hotel did have availability, and the agent asked me how many pets I had. I informed her that we have a dog and 2 cats, and I was quickly informed that they only allow 2 pets. I asked if they could make an exception since we were evacuating the hurricane, and I was informed they would not. I had noted that we were willing to pay for any damages, and understood if there would be additional pet fees, yet they wouldn't budge.

I could understand if someone had an extreme abundance of animals, but to turn away one additional pet, and possibly leave a family to make a decision to stay home with their pets in harm's way because they do not want to leave them, or evacuate and sleep in a rest area is horrible. My husband and I travel often, and I will never forget that the hotel would not make an exception, and I will never recommend this hotel in Columbus to anyone or ever stay at any Microtel. I can't believe the hotel would not try to help evacuees during their frantic and stressful time of need.

We found an Extended Stay Hotel in Columbus, GA, near the airport that was more than willing to accommodate us. Microtel needs to rethink their policy.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Decent hotel for overnight stay with family. Nice people at front desk. Average free breakfast. Internet speed needs to be improved. I would recommend the hotel for overnight stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Hi there sathiya2017, Thank you for your review. Thank you for recommending us to perspective guest. Yes, we do need to work on our WiFi. which is what we've been in checking into. We hope you have a SUPER week!

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

This review is probably one if the hardest I ever wrote since my wedding. This hotel deserves a 5-Star rating. From the time we check in to the time we check out. The entire staff was so friendly, respectful, helpful, and caring. I can go on forever. I felt like I was leaving my family. Trish, Melinda, Rebecca, Rose and Terrance are the faces of this company, They went above and beyond to make sure all of us had a great stay during hurricane Irma. We had to evacuate our home in Florida and they made is feel like home in GA. This is a must stay hotel without a question. All of the staff needs to get a promotion, They're the very best at what they do. If you're in the area stay at this hotel, you won't regret it. You guys are the best. Thanks again. See you soon. I cam go on forever but im sure everyone gets my point.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Hello Anthony T, Thank you for your wonderful review. Your kind words are appreciated. We ALL love our hotel. And we try our best to make sure every guest has a great stay. I'm glad to see we did not disappoint. Hurricane Irma impacted so many lives, along with ours. We met many nice people. And were very glad we could make your lives a little less stressful. We wish nothing but the best for you and your family. Look forward to seeing you again. Have a GREAT week!

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The ladies at check in were very friendly. The cleaning staff couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful. Good continental breakfast and location was so convenient!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Melinda F, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Hello 676sonyas, Thank you for your "5" star review. We do our best to ensure everyone has a pleasant stay as you did. Glad to see it is paying off. We hope you have a GREAT weekend!