“Good choice for school group” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Columbus

Hilton Garden Inn Columbus
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Good choice for school group”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We were part of a group of elementary school children (with families) and were in town for a competition. The Hilton Garden was a great "home base." We reserved a meeting room for the girls to practice in and the hotel was very accommodating when we needed to flex our times a bit. The girls loved using the indoor pool in between their events. I appreciated the queen beds. Breakfast was not early enough for us to take advantage of, but we learned that the hotel would have made arrangements for us, if we had asked in advance.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AmandaRyals, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus, responded to this review, 17 March 2016
Thank you for allowing our hotel to be of service to you during your recent stay in Columbus. We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience.

Amanda Ryals - Area Director of Sales and Marketing
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I just had my wedding at the Hilton on March 31st. I visited the Hilton for the first time in the summer of 2011. It was then I met Gayla for the first time. I explained to her what I was looking for and she did everything in her power to make sure I was happy. She has been there every step of the way with me since I began my planning. It was not easy planning a wedding by yourself but I was lucky enough to have Gayla by my side answering every single small questions I had! She went above and beyond her call of duties to help me through it. Even the day of she was there to calm me down and tell me everything was going to be alright. She was correct! My guest, husband, and I had the time of our lives. It was an amazing and unforgettable night! During the reception late night hours the staff was still incredible sweet to all of us. I am so pleased with how everything turned out and wouldn't have changed a thing. I have the Hilton to thank for this. If you are interested in planning a wedding...call Gayla. :) She's the best.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends

Columbus, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

We had our reception in the ballroom. Gayla seemed very helpful up until the day of the wedding reception. She sought me out as I was walking into the ballroom for the first time and told me that there was not enough room with a panic on her face. I understand that she was probably working hard and stressed but it was not classy to complain to the bride right before she walks into her reception that she had been dreaming about her whole life. That ruined my mood and I have had anxiety about it ever since. I do not have a good memory of that night. Not to mention every time I saw her walk in the room I noticed the angry look on her face and every time I look at my wedding photos I see her angry face in the background. My guests also complained that she was very rude.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
amandaryals, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your wedding reception experience at our hotel. I‘m truly sorry for the service you received during your event. Our hotel serves as the host location for many weddings and receptions, and we pride ourselves on being able to share in these joyous occasions. Our team is dedicated to delivering outstanding customer service and strives to always make the bride confidant that all her wedding plans and dreams are executed beyond her expectations. We would like nothing more than to have the opportunity to hear from you in person as to how we can begin to make this right for you.

Ted Cobbs
LA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

We are currently using this Hilton Garden Inn for several weekends for rehearsals for a production. It's been a great pleasure to work with the staff and the hotel is great. The beds are extremely comfortable and it so clean you can eat off the floor! My sales rep is GAYLE JOHNSON and she is OUTSTANDING!! I got a couple of dates mixed up and forgot to book a meeting room on a particular weekend. I didn't realize this until 2 days before and I had 50 people planning on being there on a Saturday. I called Gayle in a panic and she immediately figured out another option which worked perfectly for all. Crisis avoided!! Gayle follows up with me after each weekend we use the meeting rooms to inquire about sleeping rooms for the following weekend and to make sure all went well. GAYLE JOHNSON IS THE BEST!!

Room Tip: all seem to be great
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

This is a very good high quality Garden Inn. Good breakfast and the hotel is in a very nice location next to a small pond but near many shopping and eating establishments. This hotel as many of the Garden Inns has very slow but reliable internet connectivity. The room has a very nice LG 42" tv but no HD!

Room Tip: Get a room on the lake side which or the ood numbered rooms. The even number room face the highway a...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank DDD211
Ted C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
I certainly appreciate your feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay overall. You are right however, our internet was slow and I'm sorry for any frustrations that it may have caused you. Since your last stay, we have upgraded our high speed internet; more than doubling the bandwidth! We have made a few other improvements lately as well, including a complete upgrade to our fitness center. I hope you will come back and stay with us on your next trip to Columbus!