“Favorite for lunch or dinner”
Review of The Black Cow

The Black Cow
Ranked #10 of 588 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Description: The Black Cow brings a laid back rustic southern charm to Uptown Columbus. Just steps away from the Whitewater Rapids, sit down at another Mark Jones Kitchens restaurant, and enjoy southern hospitality at its finest. From "The Best Burgers in the South" according to Garden & Gun Readers and tasty Po' Boys to our famous Meatloaf and succulent Steaks, Mark Jones continues to serve high-quality, mouth-watering southern comfort dishes from the area's best suppliers. Sit back, relax and enjoy one of our signature cocktails, a glass of wine, or a Georgia craft beer at our newly renovated bar. Watch the game on one of our five televisions or ride "Lil' Rafter" the Bull.
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Black cow is one of my absolute arborvitae restaurants in Columbus. Everything is great but especially the lobster tots and steak hash.

1  Thank Juanita S
Steph0078, Owner at The Black Cow, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2016

Hi Juanita!
Thank you for your 5 star review. We're happy that you enjoy and appreciate your business. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

All of mark's restaurants are good and
the black cow doesn't disappoint. The meatloaf is great as well as all other comfort foods. Prices are moderate.

1  Thank coachmo60

Hi Coach!

Thank you very much for your 5 star review. We're glad that y'all enjoyed and appreciate your business. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

Went with a small group of friends. We had the fried green beans, which were amazing. I had the chicken and waffles and will be back for more! My friends had the steak tips and the chicken and grits, which were both very tasty. Service was great even though they were busy.

1  Thank Lydia H
Steph0078, Owner at The Black Cow, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Hi Lydia!

This makes our hearts happy! Thank you very much for your 5 star review and business. We look forward to serving y'all again soon!

Reviewed 3 September 2016

Was recommended and I am very glad we went. Has a great vibe to it. Love when locals can make something of the downtown areas of towns become worthy of visits. Drinks were original and list of available wines and beers was commendable. Had the Richland rum and prosecco. It was excellent. The menu is nice and not large which is refreshing. Food was fantastic. Two at the table had the meatloaf and it received rave reviews so much that when the couple sat down next to us and we're asked they highly recommended. I had the shrimp and pasta which was delicious with a Cajun flare but not overly spiced. Salmon dish was substantial and perfectly prepared. If I am ever back this way I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

While staying at St. George Island for vacation, we were given a mandatory evacuation due to Tropical Storm Hermine. We found a city along our root home to TN with plenty of restaurant and beer options. Deciding we wanted to keep things casual we went for a place that was supposed to have a good burger. The Black Cow did not disappoint. Both our burgers were excellent! I had the pimento, bacon, and jalapeño jam burger, and my boyfriend had the bacon cheese burger. The burger bun was notably buttery and fresh, the burger meat juicy, tender and cooked the way we ordered, and the bacon instead of being strips was crumbled so it worked its way into the cheese in the best way. The jalapeño jam was sweet and spicy and finished my burger off perfectly. I've had better pimento cheese, and I'm not sure I would've known this was pimento cheese, unless told. The bacon cheeseburger had white American cheese on it, with cheese on the top and bottom bun(yay). If the fries had been more crispy I would have given the review five stars. The fries were only mediocre. I recommend the Bbq sauce with the fries, as it's some of the best I've had. Service was very good too.

Steph0078, Owner at The Black Cow, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Hi there! We're glad that you stopped in to see us and enjoyed your experience. We appreciate your review and hope you had safe travels on your way back home.