“Very great surprise!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus
Ranked #13 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Driving up on this hotel, it does look a little dingy, and some of the carpeting in the common areas looks a tad aged, but once you get in your room- oh, it's sooo, sooo, comfortable. Bed slept like a dream, the breakfast was wonderful, they had fresh fruit, fruit salad, assorted breads and pastries, waffle maker, omelets, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereal, yogurt, coffee and assorted juices. There were fresh baked cookies at the front desk all day long, there was a lending library on site. The pool area was neat and clean, but the pool is on the small side. Overall, if I were to travel to the area again, I would not hesitate to stay here.

Room Tip: third floor room was wonderful, no noise at all and we were NEXT to the elevator!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Dear “Cricket1964” - We are so happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay! We truly strive to be helpful to our guests and offer the utmost conveniences to all that we have the pleasure of accommodating! Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and our future guest! We appreciate you and we look forward to your next arrival! If you didn't already, please be sure you become a Club Carlson Member to earn points towards future stays. Best wishes, Country Inn & Suites Team

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

My daughter and I flew from CA to Atlanta to attend my grandson's graduation from basic training at Fort Benning. After renting a car, we joined other relatives in Columbus GA near Fort Benning at the Country Inn on Fountain Court (there are two in Columbus). I had spoken with Hannah @ the front desk several times on the phone previously because our soldier's orders had not been finalized and dates kept changing. When we arrived, she remembered my name and introduced herself to me. I was very flattered and impressed. From that moment on, everyone on the staff that we encountered during our stay was so polite and helpful, going out of their way to help make us more comfortable than I have ever been treated in a hotel, even the pricy ones. The hotel itself was quiet, sparkling clean and very relaxing. The room had a large plasma TV and an overstuffed chair and a desk with two straight chairs, in addition to the two queen beds. The free hot breakfast was generously delicious with such a variety of items! There is not one negative thing that I could say about this hotel and their staff. I would return without a doubt AND it is very reasonably priced. During the rest of my travels, I now look for Country Inn & Suites for my stay.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor on the back of the building. Our view from the window showed the w...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Dear Kathy Harris V,
We are glad to learn that you and your daughter found our hotel to be enjoyable. Hannah is a great addition to our team and I appreciate your sharing these specific praises! Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and our future guest! Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope that when your travels bring you back to Columbus, that we will again have the honor of accommodating y’all again! If you didn't already, please be sure you become a Club Carlson Member to earn points towards future stays. Many thanks and best wishes, the Country Inn & Suites Team

Reviewed 20 June 2012

We stayed here one night due to a delay in my son's baseball game schedule with the hopes that we would like it and book it for our return to Columbus in July. We were disappointed. We were at an amazing hotel for the same price, but we compared this one to the Windy Hill-Atlanta Country Inn and Suites we stayed. The outside of this one is way nicer than the Windy Hill one, but the quality is not. The bathrooms were clean and the beds were comfortable though. Not new, but only a little worn. Also, the colors of the hotel are supposed to be 'homey' and 'country-like', but it actually made it look dreary and dark with lots of brown and beige. Thankfully, the room's a/c worked. The fridge also worked so that helped keep some of our travel beverages cold.

The breakfast was horrible: dried up eggs (and we were early), soggy cereal (due to no air conditioning throughout the hotel), no glasses for juice. Just not what we were used to. The parking lot is not well lit at night, but if you park close enough to the Microtel next door, you will be under their very bright lot lights. I didn't feel safe especially with my car packed for our 2 day trip back home and with 2 small children. Overall, I was glad that they had a room available. I canceled our upcoming reservation, but will give this one another try in a pinch. Just expect the clientele to also be a little shady due to the price being so low.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2012

Dear Lisa D,
We do appreciate you choosing us when selecting a hotel while visiting Columbus, GA and for taking the time to post an honest review of your experience. Please know we care deeply about your experience and if you feel you would like to contact one of our Management Team Members, we welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience in greater detail. We hope to hear from you and wish you the very best in all of your future travels.
Thank you once again and best wishes!
Country Inn & Suites Team
cx_clbs@countryinns.com

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stay at the Country Inn & Suites often and I can not say enough good about them.The rooms are Very Clean and comfortable.The personnel is extremely polite and willing to help you with anything you need.I have never had a problem with them or any rudeness.I know if anyone stays at Country Inn & Suites anywhere,you will be highly pleased and very satisfied.I can not say enough good about them,so try them out.You will not be disapointed

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Dear Loyal Guest Bill L –
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STAYING WITH US! It means so much to have you stay with us and to continue staying with us! We truly strive to be helpful to our guests and offer the utmost conveniences to all that we have the pleasure of accommodating! Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and our future guest. We appreciate you and we look forward to your next arrival! Many thanks and best wishes, Country Inn & Suites Team

Reviewed 12 June 2012

Not a bad hotel BUT , NOT up to what I have come to know from Country Inns. Hope they will do some cleaning and Up Dating. I was just looking for the standards I have come to Love about Country Inns...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ray S
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Dear Ray S,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us as it helps to direct us to the areas in need of refreshment and attention. We invite you to contact us at the hotel to further discuss your concerns. Thank you very kindly for visiting and for sharing an honest review. We hope to hear from you and wish you the very best in all of your future travels.
Country Inn & Suites Team