“Great Idea, Good Food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Your Pie
Ranked #24 of 551 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
georgia
“Great Idea, Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

The one downside to this restaurant is its location, its not really centrally located for people to see a new restaurant and want to try it, so hopefully word of mouth will spread and it will do well. The concept of this restaurant is new to Columbus, so I think it will do well. You pick the type of crust you want to use, they toss it right there on the spot, then you get to pick from 6 different types of sauces, from there its up to your imagination on what kind of toppings you want to put on your pizza. If you dont have much of an imagination then they have some of the favorites listed so you can choose one of those. The pizzas are fired up in the wood burning oven, and you can get a combo with the pizza a drink, and a gelato for about $9. They are individual size, so when cut its about six slices. Depending on your appetite you could eat it in one sitting, or have some for later. They have gelato which is very good, and also the only place in Columbus that serves it (that I know of and I have been living here off and on for about 5 years). They serve about 8 different flavors of gelato, to include; butterfinger, cookies and cream, chocolate, strawberry, pistachio, etc.. I really enjoyed this restaurant. The food is good, the staff is friendly, and its overall a good dining experience and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys pizza.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mick32
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Columbus, GA
“Real Fresh Pizza cooked perfectly.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

I enjoyed this new restaurant so much that I’m reviewing it after my first visit. Although this is a franchise, it feels like a mom and pop restaurant, but better. Pizza’s are big enough for one person as a meal. The dough and crusts are out of this world good and you can select whole wheat or white. They have unusual toppings on par with what you would find at CPK (California Pizza Kitchen) as well as the standard toppings. It was nice to have fresh high quality doughs and toppings and pizza created right in front of you. We had the Thai pizza and the pizza with fresh cheese tomatoes and basil. Both were excellent.

The guy greeting customers and making the pizza was a real genuine soul and you could see he loved his pizza’s and wanted to please. I watched him and noticed the care he put into each pizza he would make. All pizza’s were baked in a huge modern “brick oven.”

Although I ordered take-out, I felt I couldn't wait to return to eat in the restaurant. It is nothing fancy, but they had a great selection of draught beers and plenty of customers to share the dining room with.

I was excited to see the wonderful selections of gelato (Italian milk ice cream) in the case. Unfortunately I was too cheap to try some. I’m sure the quality is deserving of the price and this is the only place in Columbus to get gelato, but the tiny cups seemed pricy. I’m sure if I had eaten in I would have at least tried some as a special treat.

Well worth making this place one of your routine restaurants/take-out in Columbus. To the new owners, thanks for bringing this restaurant to our community and best of luck! You are having a great start.

• Visited September 2011