“Amazing”

Candlewood Suites Columbus Fort Benning
Ranked #28 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 12 February 2010

Stayed at this hotel while on business to Fr. Benning. From check in to check out the entire staff was pleasant and attentive to details. Rooms are expertly designed with high quality NSF certified stainless steel cookware! Dishwasher, fridge, and stove top in every room. Very quiet place, VERY clean. From Erica at the front desk to Hal Smith the general manager, Charlie the operations mgr, and Ms. Bobbi on the housekeeping staff- every employee appeared happy and helpful. FREE laundry service and gym. Outdoor polls and get this- BBQ grills free for your use! I highly recommend this property. Please see my review of Suburban extended stay for the same area- not so good an experience. I would recommend Candlewood Suites to ANYONE! Military discount price was $91+ tax-- a little above the average for this area but money well spent for safety, peace of mind, and quiet.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank fistfullaholla
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 October 2009

This is the second time that my husband, me and my dog Harley stayed at this hotel. Words cannot describe how wonderful the staff here in columbus,GA-Ft Benning Candlewood are.
Never seen anything but smiles from the staff and it's a very plush environment. It's slightly more costly than a regular hotel but you get a kitchenette in the room and laundry room downstairs that guests can use. Just being able to cook your meals in your own room saves money and makes the cost of these rooms well worth it.

I felt safe and secure here at night the doors are locked so that only guests with cards can enter the building but someone is on duty all night and you are able to take care of guest registration at all hours. Very close to the army base and a store right down the road.

There is a fitness center in the building as well which was really nice since I broke my diet the whole time i was here!

What really cinches this place for me is the fact they are pet friendly, I can't leave my dog in a kennel it would break her heart and I love that they even have a dog station with the bags here makes it easier than trying to buy the bags or bring them and take up more room in the luggage.

I'll tell you this if Candlewood made actual apartments to rent and we ended up having to live here I'd so stay forever. If you want a great homey place to stay this is it!

I recommend this place with more than just 5 stars it's as close to perfection as I've seen in Hotels

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shaitaana
Reviewed 16 September 2009

Amazing hotel.. Very very friendly/helpful staff. Very clean, the cleanest hotel I've seen. Free laundry, free grilling area, tons and tons more to go with it. I wont stay any where else. They also have really nice bath towels, the really thick nice heavy ones. Very nice sheets, TV, dvd players, everything!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank Armywife03
Reviewed 16 September 2009

Our stay was over 3 weeks long. Our of those 3 week we had no problems the staff was the best. The Hotel it self was great. The look, the feel and everything was right for a homely feeling. When you first walk in your handed a smiling face. The front desk personnel was the best. The friendly staff went out of their way to make you feel like a family. The Pool and the gym was the best. I really enjoyed the grills. I felt safe with my kids at all time. My youngest really enjoy the free movies that were provided. I have a 4 year old that wanted a cartoon movie and a young man the next day brought a few movies from him home just for my child. It was really a home away from home. We'll be back in the following months to stay again. I cant see myself staying anyplace but Candlewood. I've recommend it to a few friends already.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2009

The candlewood suites in Columbus is located about 8 minutes to Ft. Benning. The hotel room is beautiful! with dishwasher, dishes, a table to eat at and stove, microwave large bathroom, comfortable beds..we cannot recommend this hotel enough. It was more then worth what we paid for this hotel. It was so clean and the staff are super friendly! The pool is very clean and the bathroom very spacious. When you enter into the building, it smells clean and looks nice. The hotel is located near shopping, many restraunts and most importantly post. We will be going back soon.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family