“Consistently good”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 10 December 2017

Tho it's called BBQ kitchen, I've never ordered BBQ there. Many years ago it was a 24 restaurant and I usually had breakfast. Visiting Atlanta some 40 years later, I found it to be tried and true. Love the freshly prepared entrees and the vegetable selection with southern cornbread.

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

When getting back to ATL before 8:00 pm I stop at Barbecue kitchen for a meat and three veges or a four vegie plate. They have a meat and two veges with cobbler as another option. While they have great BBQ pork, chicken and ribs, one of my other favorites in the country steak. Some of my favorite vegetables are baked beans, coleslaw, sweet potato souffle, squash casserole and others. They have great biscuits, cornbread and my favorite Mexican cornbread which has jalapenos in them for a nice taste bite. Friendly atmosphere and a very eclectic clientele.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank johnllee
Reviewed 18 November 2017

My sister and I use to go, and I was looking forward to eating a meal of good vegetables. After the waitress brought me my food, she never came back to see if I needed anything or if everything was alright. As I began to eat, I did not get a good feeling of the place. I had to send the broccoli, cheese and rice casserole back because it had a piece of eggshell in it. I returned if for cream corn. It was in cream but it was not creamed corn. It was white without any taste. Two other items I requested they did not have. My utensil's were not clean. The lemonade was weak. At the check out the proprietor did not ask me how was my food, come back, or say thank you for coming. I will not be going back or send anybody there.

1  Thank dbyrd63
Reviewed 13 November 2017

I went for a take-out breakfast and ordered eggs with turkey sausage. Food was delicious. Portions were generous. Staff was very nice, welcoming and helpful.
They bake on premises biscuits.
The place was busy and people kept coming for food.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

You get what you expect and more from this barbecue joint. Great tasting food, friendly service and reasonable prices