New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta Airport

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta Airport
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Syracuse, New York
“Not your usual Microtel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012 via mobile

I am usually a Microtel all the way. I like the budget hotel with a clean hospitable staff. This place was comparable to transient hotels or hostels I have stayed in. The room had a terminex sticker in the bathroom, smelled like smoke (despite it being a non-smoking room) and was not the cleanest. Everything was run down and old. I am not a picky person and have stayed at other places all over the world, but this place was clearly only worth $38 a night. The front desk staff were great and the service is an A+

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank mzdpendent
carolinem M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of yours schedule to post your comments on trip advisor,I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.our goal is to not only to meet your needs of each and every guest we serve,but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.Please know that your feedback is valuable to us.

Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our sevrice and property on a daily base,in addition,please know that your comments and issues will be addressed,

its our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.if you need any assistance contact me direct at 770 994 3003

Sincerely
Caroline Muthama
Microtel Inn Atlanta Airport
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Detroit, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

After a long day of driving from Detroit to Atlanta, I was beat. I didnt have a place to stay as my friend was not home from work yet. I looked immediately on expedia.com and got a rate of $58.00/night. Brow beaten by the heat and the long drive, I was told check in was not until 3pm. Seeing as I was nearing tears from exhaustion it was only 1130am; Sharmayne with a "Y" was nice enough to call me on my cell phone when the room was ready. The room #119 was a God sent for a tired woman. No complaints, it was very clean and comfortable. I just wished I got up earlier for the complimentary breakfast, it was gone by 8:30am!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ddstarr
Thank you so much for your comments,we look forward to serving your future lodging needs
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Worst stay ever. Upon check in I was greeted with, "We ain't got no towels, so don't ask!" when I went to the room there were holes in the walls and it smelled like cigarettes, dog and urine. Immediately left and went to the la Quinta down the street. Don't stay!!!!

• Stayed March 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I am concerned about the situation you encountered at our hotel during your recent Visit. I am writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all at a reasonable price. Consequently, it is disappointing to learn that you were unhappy.
Please accept my sincere apology.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised are being addressed and that appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in our hotel and do our best to prevent problems from occurring.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us,please accept this as a way of saying we need your business, as a come back guest, We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Caroline Muthama
Cincinnati
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

We stayed one night at the Atlanta airport and our daughter used the park and fly service. The motel itself had a few drawbacks (no shampoo, minimal breakfast) but the rooms are well-designed and the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

OK the room are ok, bathroom is moldy and not very clean. Maintenance seams to take a step back. I have stayed here twice because it was so cheap and I arrived late and left early but both times the cops where called in the wee hours of the morning for some unknown to me reason.
Again its close to ATL but did I really feel safe, mhm probably not

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo