Open today: Closed

from US$ 24.61
from US$ 34.24
from US$ 27.82
More Info
All reviews wildlife walk exotic animals sloth encounter north georgia guided tour baby animals well taken care golf cart mountain lion pay extra behind the scenes love animals hay ride petting area cool animals reptile house camel experience
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

IMPORTANT: check their website...THEY ARE OPEN DURING SPRING BREAK, and sometimes other specific days outside of their reduced low-season hours. Everywhere else (Google, Trip Advisor, etc.) it says “closed” except for a few days per week until the busy summer season.

This was our second visit—we came here when the kids were 10 & 12. Now they’re 13 & 15 and love it just as much, if not more.
For approx. $35 per person, we enjoyed the petting zoo, the reptile encounter and the wildlife walk. In the Spring you can enjoy the baby animals...we held baby goats that were still bottle fed, (extra $5 if you want to bottle-feed them), and for free they loved being held and cuddled right up in our arms. It helps to ask if an employee or volunteer can assist you in holding a rabbit, baby goat, duckling or chicken. We petted them and hand fed them (even the llama, alpaca, sheep and mini donkey). Young goats are playful and fun to see! The lambs are adorable. You can purchase cups of food for a few dollars.
The reptile encounter was interesting. We were able to view and then touch a few, including a python and see a lot of different reptiles housed in glass enclosures. Cool stuff but in a humid and rather warm room. There were frogs, lizards, “dragons”, and lots of snakes.
The wildlife walk was amazing. The animals seem more relaxed than in a large city zoo—and they are viewable up-close; much closer than in a traditional big zoo. The tour guides interact with the animals, scratching a mountain lion’s back (through the bars) with a brush, producing a loud enough purr for us to hear, feeding sweet potato sticks to a beaver, and more. Lots of new information and answers were provided along with specifics about each animal there. After the walk we were shown several animals we could touch and see up close.
I was concerned about boredom, but there wasn’t any of that to be had!
It’s an all-ages place, and even with arthritis I was able to comfortably complete the hour-long walk. Toddlers and small kids would probably enjoy the petting zoo and the hay ride with camel-encounter—its a lot to take in.
As a special treat (due to it being expensive, but a once in a lifetime opportunity) there are small group private encounters with various exotic animals. These should be scheduled in advance (online or call).
Expect a great petting zoo, with options for exotic animal viewing and animal encounters (even a few during the wildlife walk included in the regular prices).
They are also breeding some endangered species for release and repopulation. Very cool.

2  Thank trippinjenny
Hopeforyou, Manager at North Georgia Zoo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Jenny, Wow thank you so much for this very informative review! We are so glad that you guys not only enjoyed your visit visit but have returned again to visit us. One of our missions at the zoo is to connect people and animals, and we are so glad that you were able to experience this! Thank you so sharing your visit and we hope to see you all again!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Pricing is confusing. Its more like a petting zoo. They have some cool animals but not affordable for families. I hope that changes soon.

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 5 April 2018

This was the first time I visited the zoo. I took my son there and we purchased the Fennec Fox Encounter - which was amazing. My son was thrilled to have a personal experience with such a wonderful critter. The staff was amazing, informed, and the zoo was a real surprise... it was very interactive, and had animals that I had never seen, nor heard of, before. I highly recommend a visit!

2  Thank Sean M

Sean, thank you so much for the review! We are so glad to hear that you and your son enjoyed your time at the zoo and he was able to get up close and personal with some amazing animals! We hope to have you all visit us again :)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I have been here 3 different times. I am an animal lover and love the up close to the animals environment that this zoo provides. It's not the the Atlanta zoo that is very pristine but the animals are far out of reach. It is very rustic but the proximity to the animals makes that a non-issue. It is very educational and hands on. Not like any zoo I've been to. And so many wonderful encounters to choose from that are unlike any others I've experienced. We did the otter encounter at the most recent visit and was blown away. It made my life long dream come true of really experiencing an otter. I loved it so much. It was the best day of my life!

3  Thank 799ginab

Gina we are so glad to hear how much you love the zoo! We love having you come out to visit us and our animals! Thank you so much for the review and hope to see you again! The otters say hello!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The Best Day EVER! We purchased the Sloth Experience and it was amazing. Ethan our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable. The care of the animals showed in how Ethan spoke about them and took care of them while we were there. I would go back in a heart beat!!!!!! All other exhibits were so fantastic. Very interactive for younger children. We were able to pet rabbits, goats (adult and babies) All the animals looked very health and well maintained as well as nourished.

2  Thank Alisa W

Alisa, we are so glad to hear how much you enjoyed your Sloth Experience! Thank you so much for the review and sharing your experience. We hope to have you visit again soon, Jubilee & Jolly say hello!