“Very Disappointing”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2017

First of all I would have chosen to give this place a poor rating, but not all of our party of 7 had bad evening meals, but we all had bad breakfasts! Also the staff were friendly enough, we only had one small grumble about them.

We have recently returned from a Fri/Sat night stay at the next door Premier Inn (absolutely no complaints there). There was 7 of us, and as this place was the easiest restaurant to get to we just booked in here for the Fri night. We have all eaten at Brewer's Fayres before so knew what to expect. Let's just say this one doesn't meet up to expectations. We all ordered main courses, and all apart from 2 were acceptable. One ordered a pasta dish with prawns and salmon, the portion wasn't huge with hardly any salmon and 4 prawns. This person doesn't like to complain so she just ate hers. My partner however ordered the mixed grill, which was dry and came without the advertised onion rings. When he asked for them they returned 5 mins later with 2 dried up excuses for food, the waitress must have been embrassed to bring them over. This however is a small complaint compared to breakfast. After our meal we moved over to the bar area which was really nice, and we had a few more drinks before drinking up time. However we were disappointed with one member of staff's attitude at drinking up time. We were very rudely told to drink up, after spending at least £200 in there over the evening.

I also have to mention how disgusting the ladies toilets were, given that this is a family restaurant, 1 was out of order, 1 had no toilet seat and the place needed a mop.

Breakfast was a joke, £8.99 all you can eat, a good offer if the food is edible. I can't comment on the cereal selection as I didn't have any, so maybe that was good, but the cooked option was poor, salty bacon swimming in water, dried sausage and overcooked eggs. The continental selection wasn't much better, with dried pancakes and pastries, with exception of the croissants which were lovely, and the good selection of jams and spreads. The saving grace for me was the unlimited Costa Coffee. Thankfully we hadn't booked breakfast with our stay so we didn't go back on the Sunday morning. However our family did, and the coffee machine was broken with no alternative for coffee from the kitchen. There was also queues for food and no eggs. Thankfully we had driven over to Subway and had a lovely breakfast.

This review may seem picky but there really is no other option, without driving, to eat anywhere else if you stay at the Premier Inn here. The restaurant itself is nice enough, they just need to make more efford to not serve dried up inedible food. Can't be that difficult surely? Plenty other Brewer's Fayre's manage it.

2  Thank snoozysuz

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Would highly recommend, I regularly go. Great service, great food and great prices- what more could you want!

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Great place to have a break from the road or even just to get out of busy Aberdeen centre, staff take care of everything for you and you can relax/enjoy your meal peacefully inside or outside if it’s a nice day!

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Stopped off here for some food with my family after a 5 hour drive. We had been here before and thought it was a good choice since we had a good meal the first time. This time however, If I wasn't so hungry I would have sent my food back with some home truths. My partner had the lasagna, which she reckoned what chewing on a tyre would be like and her chips had the taste of being cooked twice. My "Mexican" Chilli was more like beans that has been shown the chilli powder. there was little to no beef through it and the rice was well over done. When we paid, we expressed our disgust at our food and was given apologies. It wasn't the servers fault. She doesn't cook the food, but she did offer 25% off the meal.... The Kids meal..... which amounted to the grand total of £1.67.

End of the day, we were expecting a hell of a lot more from this place after our first experience being so good. Can't say we'll be back and certainly wouldn't recommend it either.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Very let down been here several times before but today food wasn't great .The chicken and chorizo pie had a very soggie bottom and chicken was chewy and not much flavour. Coleslaw was hot ! Always thought it should be cold.And beer was warm as we asked for a cold one it wasn't much better as we had before .