Americas Best Value Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
200 Main(Highlands)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskstay there againcontinental breakfastlay my headinside the buildingstreet sidesave some moneysmall dogwhite water raftingfloor roomworking orderinterior hallwaysbed was comfortablerestaurants and shoppingstayed for nightsno frillsclean rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2017

We have stayed here many times for a mini vacation and love it. The motel is clean and safe and the staff is friendly and courteous. Every time we go they have updated something at the facility. The location is close to excellent restaurants such as Mama G's as well as a number of fast food places and is very close to historic downtown Clayton. We stay here also because they allow pets and we travel with a small dog. The rates are very reasonable. My wife and I highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Earl G
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Just wanted a night away from home. This was the economy choice. Don't judge this book by its cover. Room was well maintained and clean. New carpet had just been put in. All doors opened to the interior hallways. Staff was courteous and helpful. We were in a non-smoking room; we were told they are making this the rule for the whole motel soon. Free breakfast was basic; bananas, waffles, juice and sweet rolls. Overall the hotel is a great value for the price.

Room Tip: We were in 209 which overlooks the wooded creek in the rear; very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

The very best thing was the toilet facilities; fantastic toilet paper and a good flush. That toilet will suck down anything.
The pillows were very fluffy. The room was quiet. Found a good film on television. My partner showered without corrective lenses, midway through I wished I had showered without mine. Would have preferred to not look at the grime left over from the last guest as I lathered up my body.
Completely slipped the mind about the free breakfast, got a jalapeño sandwich at the Waffle House across the screen. Though Im quite sure the free hotel breakfast would have been delicious.
Ultimately, will be staying again, as we frequent the area and dont have many hotel choices in the area. Enjoyed being able to walk around the small town on a rainy evening. Thanks for the stay and hospitality.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2017

I have horrible panic attacks and had one at 11:00 in the morning on a Monday after attending a wedding in N.C. I stopped at the inn and asked the desk clerk if they had any smoking rooms available and he said they had just finished one. I was surprised they let me check in early but he said if I needed anything to call the front desk anytime, day or night. I went to my room and was nicely surprised. I have traveled in all 50 States and stayed in 100's of hotels. The room was very nice and spotless. I slept for 24 hours then called the front desk and told the girl I had not eaten for 24 hours. She let me come and raid the breakfast bar and I had the BEST waffles I have ever eaten. The next morning as I started to leave I could not open my door due to panic and called the front desk and they let me stay another night. Needless to say if I am ever back up that way I will be staying there, and I am telling all my friends about the hotel. Also the rates were very reasonable. Thanks for being so kind to me. Debby from Grovetown GA.

Room Tip: I think any room at the hotel is a good room.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed here April 2017 for two nights. Lady behind the counter was nice.
No radio/clock in the room. Told front desk. No problem, it was replaced while we were away. Towel rack fell off the wall when my awesome wife touched it, also remedied while we away.
We picked this hotel because the reviews were okay. We had stayed in a different Clayton hotel that was adequate, but we wanted to try something else.
This place is adequate. Another reviewer called it 'barely above adequate,' which I think is accurate.
Yes, everything worked. Water was fine, A/C was fine, wifi fine.
Towels? Only two. Don't screw up, you only get two. I don't know if it was the quality of the towel or a water softener thing, but I had a hard time drying off. Key word...adequate.
Sink: in my picture below, you can see how short the faucet length is. Key word....adequate.
I was going to give three circles as a review, but after thinking on it, I gave two.
This place could be so much better if just a LITTLE attention was paid.
Invest in longer faucets, so customers could get water on their hands SO much easier.
Get some fluffy towels. Just that will make a difference. How about more than just two towels? Without customers having to ask.
This doesn't make a difference in the room, but the carpet on the stairs heading to the second floor....dude. I don't know if cleaning would help it. Looks pretty matted.
Also...breakfast. Do yourself a favor, Waffle House is across the street. You'll be happier.

I'd check out other hotels when I come through here again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple