US$ 83
US$ 173
US$ 156
US$ 83
US$ 78
All reviewsfront deskcontinental breakfastinside the buildingstreet sidefriendly managersave some moneywhite water raftingbed was comfortablefloor roomhave stayed here many timesworking orderinterior hallwaysplace to staylay your headhistoric downtownno frillsclean rooms
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

The very best thing was the toilet facilities; fantastic toilet paper and a good flush. That toilet will suck down anything.
The pillows were very fluffy. The room was quiet. Found a good film on television. My partner showered without corrective lenses, midway through I wished I had showered without mine. Would have preferred to not look at the grime left over from the last guest as I lathered up my body.
Completely slipped the mind about the free breakfast, got a jalapeño sandwich at the Waffle House across the screen. Though Im quite sure the free hotel breakfast would have been delicious.
Ultimately, will be staying again, as we frequent the area and dont have many hotel choices in the area. Enjoyed being able to walk around the small town on a rainy evening. Thanks for the stay and hospitality.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2017

I have horrible panic attacks and had one at 11:00 in the morning on a Monday after attending a wedding in N.C. I stopped at the inn and asked the desk clerk if they had any smoking rooms available and he said they had just finished one. I was surprised they let me check in early but he said if I needed anything to call the front desk anytime, day or night. I went to my room and was nicely surprised. I have traveled in all 50 States and stayed in 100's of hotels. The room was very nice and spotless. I slept for 24 hours then called the front desk and told the girl I had not eaten for 24 hours. She let me come and raid the breakfast bar and I had the BEST waffles I have ever eaten. The next morning as I started to leave I could not open my door due to panic and called the front desk and they let me stay another night. Needless to say if I am ever back up that way I will be staying there, and I am telling all my friends about the hotel. Also the rates were very reasonable. Thanks for being so kind to me. Debby from Grovetown GA.

Room Tip: I think any room at the hotel is a good room.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed here April 2017 for two nights. Lady behind the counter was nice.
No radio/clock in the room. Told front desk. No problem, it was replaced while we were away. Towel rack fell off the wall when my awesome wife touched it, also remedied while we away.
We picked this hotel because the reviews were okay. We had stayed in a different Clayton hotel that was adequate, but we wanted to try something else.
This place is adequate. Another reviewer called it 'barely above adequate,' which I think is accurate.
Yes, everything worked. Water was fine, A/C was fine, wifi fine.
Towels? Only two. Don't screw up, you only get two. I don't know if it was the quality of the towel or a water softener thing, but I had a hard time drying off. Key word...adequate.
Sink: in my picture below, you can see how short the faucet length is. Key word....adequate.
I was going to give three circles as a review, but after thinking on it, I gave two.
This place could be so much better if just a LITTLE attention was paid.
Invest in longer faucets, so customers could get water on their hands SO much easier.
Get some fluffy towels. Just that will make a difference. How about more than just two towels? Without customers having to ask.
This doesn't make a difference in the room, but the carpet on the stairs heading to the second floor....dude. I don't know if cleaning would help it. Looks pretty matted.
Also...breakfast. Do yourself a favor, Waffle House is across the street. You'll be happier.

I'd check out other hotels when I come through here again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2017

If you just need a place to lay your head at a decent price this is the place for you. The front desk is very accommodating if you need anything and the location is close to many restaurant options, as well as a Walmart, Home Depot, and a Dollar General right down the road. There are also two state parks close by: Black Rock Mountain and Tallujah Gorge.

I wanted to save some money during my third visit to Clayton, GA and even after reading some of the other reviews picked this hotel to stay at this time.
My room was not the cleanest. There was a hair in the bathroom sink and the toilet and shower looked like they were not cleaned in a while. My king sheets had spots all over them so I went downstairs and exchanged for a new one. There were no towels in the room so I had to go the front desk and request them as well. I requested a wake up call at 4 a.m. because there was not an alarm clock in the room like most hotels have. Front desk said they had me scheduled for a 4 a.m. wake up call and the phone would ring. The next morning I woke up myself at 4:20 a.m. No wake-up call happened and that is when I noticed there was no phone cord connecting the phone to a phone jack.

The king room has a microwave, mini fridge, 4-cup coffee maker, iron, and ironing board. I didn’t use any of them so I don’t know if they were in working order (except the mini fridge which worked fine). If you are traveling alone and concerned about security in a first floor room, I think you would be okay since the doors to all the rooms are entered from inside the building. The water pressure in the shower is really good, better than mine at home! The sheets and towels look a bit warn but they were soft and comfortable. The king bed was comfortable. The internet was spotty – I had to sign back into their WiFi a few times during my stay because internet just stopped working. Flat screen TV worked well and had lots of channels to choose from. Parking is front of building only and I did not have a problem with parking at all during my stay. In the back of the building is a nice picnic area next to a stream – I have included photos.

Breakfast options seemed very limited but there is free coffee, fruit, prepackaged donuts. RaceTrac down the road had fast food breakfast and good coffee.

Room Tip: If you find anything not to your liking the front desk seems to be accommodating. No elevator in the building for 2nd floor rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2017

Pros--Carpet was clean, walls were freshly painted. The bathroom was clean/no hair.
Cons--Bedroom mirror had not been cleaned, it had spots that looked like someone cleaned their teeth in front of it. Our sheets had stains, in 2 places. We were provided only 2 "very small" towels in a king room. We asked for a quiet room on top floor, our room was 201 at the end of the building where there is parking, we heard loud vehicles until after our bedtime. Our mattress was hard. Sheets and towels were not the usual hotel quality. Maybe they bought them from a local retailer. No breakfast is offered. We stayed here because it had the highest reviews in town. I shudder to think what the other places were like. We made do for 1 night. But the price is high considering the offerings. I would not stay here again. (Note to elderly & those with bad backs or knees. The 2nd floor is only accessible by stairs.)

Stayed: April 2017