“CLOSED”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Don't believe the website at this time of year! We travelled from asheville and the restaurant was closed! This place is usually excellent but this was a 200 mile round trip, wasted. I suggest you call to see if open, especially as under new management!

We sat out and ate chips and soda from the gift shop. Cheese biscuits were out of date and the ice cream from a family pack "not to be sold individually" maybe that new management us needed!

Still love the ambiance however. And I will still revisit.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

This was a great place to stop and have a wonderful dinner overlooking the beautiful Lake Burton. The food was wonderful and the portions were good. There is a wonderful shop on the ground level.

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

We had eaten at this restaurant a month or so ago and found it satisfactory. But this past Sunday was a bad experience. Our server was quite disinterested and made no attempt to apologize for the half hour delay for the food. And when a salad came without dressing and cheese (as stated on the menu) she did not seem to care. When I asked for some bread to keep the children happy til the food arrived her response was "we do not serve bread for lunch".
I cannot recommend this restaurant and will not be back. However the sandwich grill downstairs is very good-- apparently owned and operated by a different vendor.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

This place has gone down hill the last couple of years,the food has gotten worse and the service well you can tell they did not want to be there.I noticed the manager it was like he hated being there.he just did not care it is time for a change the owner really needs to pay more attention to the reviews.it is a beautiful place my advice to the owner is to watch your manager and see how he handles things.there are good reviews but they are so many bad ones here and on other sites I do wish you well and do please take these reviews seriously because it appears you have not b
because the same issues and your customers do take there experience's seriously
!!

Reviewed 10 July 2016

My wife and I are life time locals that have lived and visited all 50 states and 53 countries and live nearby for more than 25 years at Lake Burton. We just returned from a 7 week RV trip and decided to have Sunday brunch at La Prade's on Lake Burton.
We arrived early at 11:30 AM very few customers in main dining area. Ordered two Southern Breakfast Platters. Waited for more than an hour the coffee was served old and warm, finally after two refills brought a fresh pot that was almost hot. When the breakfast did arrive we found it necessary to find the waiter and asked him to bring biscuits, preserves and butter. We found our eggs to be cold, our grits seem to be old rather than freshly prepared and did was not prepared to include cheddar. the grilled ham was terrible. I all our 72 years of marriage this was the worst breakfast we have ever purchased.