“"When in Rome do as the Romans do." When in Clarkesville, GA eat at Crossroads Cafe”
Review of Crossroads Cafe

Crossroads Cafe
Ranked #16 of 55 Restaurants in Clarkesville
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 9
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Serving a sit down home style breakfast until noon. We have a full grill menu available all business hours and a cafeteria lunch from 10:30 to close
Reviewed 11 June 2017

“When in Rome, do as the Romans do.” When in Clarkesville, Georgia
eat at Crossroads Cafe.

When I moved to town in 1997, I was the new kid on the block and knew not where the good food was. My late wife, Jennifer, born and raised right here in Clarkesville, took me by the hand to show me around. She said these words to me, “You can eat your pizza, eat your pork and beans, I eat more chicken any man ever seen.” (J. Morrison, 1970) She and her parents, James and Gloria Brabson had one favorite cafe that they went to at least once a week for Southern fried chicken. The name of that place is Crossroads Cafe, located just outside of downtown at 4654 State Highway 115 W. The first restaurant in town Mamma and Daddy ever took me to about twenty years ago and I’m still heading to the same place for the best southern fried chicken ever.

I grew up and old in the restaurant business For more than a half-century I was Pasqually “The Pizzaman.” Whoever has the best fried chicken in town may be a matter of personal taste. I can say with confidence that I know what makes a good restaurant great. Consistency may be one of the hardest things to achieve. This place is always clean. The portions are just right. The cafeteria-style food is superb, the prices are reasonable, and the service is always with a smile.

Jo Whitt is the owner and operator of Crossroads Cafe, and she runs a tight ship. The restaurant has been a cornerstone of the community since 1986. Jo took over the business in 2002 and has kept the heritage strong by making her customers feel at home and like family.
Her words are written on the menu:
“To be successful in a community, you must first be a part of the community.”

She is the former president of the Clarkesville Business and Community Association. She is currently serving on the SPLOST committee. Three years ago Jo took over Golden Sun Salon & Boutique located on the square. She is geared to working hard and enjoys a challenge.

I am ever so delighted that the little city of Clarkesville has some mighty fine restaurants. If you want to meet many of the good people of Clarkesville, GA, stop in at Crossroads Cafe for breakfast or lunch. I’ve visited for both, and where the breakfast is excellent, with freshly cracked eggs, smoked bacon or sausage. My absolute number one favorite is the southern fried chicken. I have never been disappointed. The chicken breasts are always cooked perfectly: crisp and juicy.

Tell them Pasqually sent you. You'll thank me later.

Open 365 days a year
Monday thru Friday 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Sunday, 7:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

They take reservations for large parties.
(706) 754 -7067
Handicap Access yes
Delivery yes - large orders to local business and schools.
Take out yes - pull up to the drive-through window, call ahead.
Attire is casual
Free WiFi

Pasqually "The Pizzaman"

Reviewed 25 April 2017

My wife and I stopped in Sunday for a late breakfast. It was a pleasant surprise to find they were serving breakfast up till noon. They have cafeteria style line and they also have the ability for you to sit down and order from the menu. We ordered from the menu and I got the scrambled eggs, sausage & pancake. My wife ordered the scrambled eggs, hash browns and french toast. Everything was very good.
People were starting to come in from church and getting line off the line and what we could see and spell, it was very good.
The prices are very reasonable. The had a lunch deal with a meat, 2 sides, bread, drink and dessert for $9.95. Our breakfast was $17 which included drinks and tax.
If in the area I would make it a stop to eat.

1  Thank SOster
Reviewed 19 March 2017

The BEST place in Clarkesville and Habersham County for cooking like Mamma. Thursday's special is my favorite, Chicken & Dressing. Yummy.

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

CRs is one of my favorite places to eat breakfast in Clarksville. Great biscuits, stone ground grits, and large portions. Great lunch buffet too. All good!

Reviewed 13 August 2016

Four words: Fried Chicken & Banana Pudding. Best I've ever had. Such a great, local gem! I love going to Cross Roads for lunch! It's cafeteria style and always crowded at lunch time!