“Trustworthy?”

Hampton Inn Atlanta-Mall of Georgia
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Buford
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Over the weekend my wife left her computer in a computer back in the room. The hotel never contacted the last person in the room (her) and we found this out by the night manager saying nobody was in the room. So, after hours of contacting the Corporate office and the hotel at least 5 times, mysteriously the computer found it's way back to the front desk. I did pick it up was thankful that it was returned but it was not the way it was when it was left. It had been reconfigured and all information was removed from the system. Guess somebody needed a gaming computer. Can't believe such a nice chain can't do the simple follow up if someone leaves something in a room. Trustyworthy? I guess not with respect to this stay. Based on this I would not stay here again. If you do, lock it in the car and take your chances that way.

Room Tip: Secure your valuables
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank D J
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

I stayed a weekend at the Hampton Inn. Service was efficient, place was clean, continental breakfast had warm foods and everything worked. The Iron was good, the shower was strong and hot, you name it... it was all just right! You know how the coffee in the room is never very good... well, you guessed it; at the Hampton Inn, it was delicious. I appreciated the location especially since I was able to kill a few hours shopping - not something I'm crazy about. The Mall is very easy to navigate despite it's huge dimensions! The price was right given all of the comforts and pleasures that awaited me there.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We had a wonderful time in Atlanta. This Hampton was in a fabulous location - close to so much shopping and many restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I am a little shocked at the negative reviews. We just sort of landed here around bedtime after driving all day long. We were completely exhausted. We found the city of Buford to be so pretty at night and I wish we could have done something around town but it was not meant to be.
Upon our arrival the staff was so nice, offering us snacks. We almost always stay at a Hampton Inn and love the chain but we've never been offered snacks upon arrival. That was such a welcome treat. Maybe they have recently updated this hotel because our room was just beautiful in every way. It was also one of the largest rooms I've ever had in a hotel! The bathroom was updated and very clean. Everything was top notch. Of course there is always complimentary breakfast in the morning.
I could not be happier with this hotel!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2011

A friend was visiting from out of town and we thougt it would be great to take my children to a hotel just to hang out, swim and visit. I am a true Trip Advisor follower so I looked for reviews in the area we would be staying and since we were wanting an outdoor pool we went with #4 in reviews to accomodate that need.
We were in shock at how small the room was but decided it would be okay since we planned on staying by the pool for most of the time. I have had several back surgeries and nothing feels better than the pool and laying in the sun. Not here you won't...the pool chairs are made from dark hard wood...REALLY??? Wooden pool furniture is the craziest thing ever. It was horrible and there was no way I could lay there more than a few minutes. I actually had to take pain medication after trying. The wood was sticky as well and some sort of bugs kept coming around. We went to the front desk and asked what it would cost for us to check out after being there less than an hour. We were told $100 which seemed high considering they had a sign stating "100% customer satisfaction guaranteed"... NOT SO!!
So we decided we would go ahead and stay since it would cost so much to check out. We kept our air conditioning on high all night and the next morning it may have gotten down to 80 degrees in the room...it was so hot all night. We all scratched and clawed at ourselves all night as well. We are hoping it is an allergic reaction to something in the room and not bugs of some sort. The wall by the air conditoner was covered in dust also. We asked at check-in if their rooms were clean and he said they were extremely clean...HATE TO SEE WHAT HE CALLS DIRTY.
We had a few itchy hours of sleep in a nasty hot room and didn't get to swim so overall it just seems I paid $185 and wasted lots of time and gas to be totally miserable.
HORRIBLE seems to describe this trip best.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends