“Ride of A Lifetime” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lake Lanier Canopy Tours

Lake Lanier Canopy Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Exciting and Fun! Imagine flying through the air and checking out the critters of the forest and the trees in a completely different perspective from that of the “common ground person”. That’s right, a zip line canopy tour takes you on a close personal experience with nature. After checking in, meeting your stellar one-of-a-kind guides, gearing up and completing final safety checks, you enter into the forest by zipping from tree to tree – high up in the tree canopy! You will soar through the air effortlessly and you will never forget the beauty of Lake Lanier – as seen from above.If you are more of that adrenaline junkie make sure you try out our Pine Isle tour. 11 zip lines total with 5 of the 11 over a 1000ft long! This tour is not for the weak at heart. This tour is a true zip line tour going all around the shores of Lake Lanier. So if you are looking for a nice relaxing day or if you feel the need for speed, Lake Lanier Canopy Tours has it all. Come zip with us soon!
Macon, GA
4 attraction reviews
“Ride of A Lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

We had three generations on the platform at one time! I had seen zip lining online for several years and always knew this was something I wanted to experience so I put it on my bucket list. I don't let things stay on this list long because I want to add other adventures. My husband, daughter and granddaughter were with me. Our guides were so encouraging and fun. After listening carefully to their instructions, I was not only ready but chomping at the bit. For the first 5 lines, I was first to go, which was fine with me. It was every bit as much fun as I had hoped and more. We all need to shake up our worlds every once in a while and this is a safe and exciting way to do it. I can't wait to go back with my other daughter and her two kids. I give this experience an A+.

Visited June 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Georgia
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Excellent guides and fun adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2011

The guides did everything they could to make sure everyone was comfortable and their sense of humor help to calm my nerves. Safety was always taken seriously. We were arriving a little late and one of the team even called to make sure we weren't having trouble finding it. There's a good variety in zip lines and bridges (though I didn't like the bridges). I highly recommend this adventure. Very clean bathrooms and vending machines are located at the lodge.

Visited March 2011
St. Petersburg, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Guides, Great Scenery, Great Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2011

We did the zip-lining tour with a group of 6 Friends, and 2 other people who became friends by the end of the trip! The guides are not only knowledgeable, but funny and they want everyone to have a good time! The tour starts off with a short line so you can get used to it and by the end of the canopy lines you will be zipping with 100% confidence! My favorite lines were the ones over the water - the bridges are also fun! Great outdoor activity for all ages, couples, groups, etc. Don't forget to take your camer and tip the guides! They really make the trip memorable!

Visited February 2011
1 Thank nhimler
Suwanee, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Zipping through Lake Lanier”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2011

Prior to being invited out to go "zip-lining" I had only watched others on television enjoying this adventurous and exciting activity that seem to look like so much fun. Since I am an analytical thinker I was weighing out potential risks vs. rewards so I was quite apprehensive. Trusting a cable to bring me from point A to point B seemed a little scary at first but all of my questions were answered from the confident and knowledgeable guides that held our tour. I was really excited to hear that Lake Lanier was offering Canopy tours which are just that ...tours of the trees and the lake and its beautiful surroundings from a heightened view while on a zip-line (a cable that you are safely harnessed to that carries you from one tree to another allowing a fun ride and beautiful view).

In February I was invited with a group of family and friends and decided to go take a peak at Lake Lanier Canopy tours which oversees a beautiful lake, trees and surroundings. We were greeted by one of the guides and walked into the office where you are asked to sign a small form prior to making your payment and then heading outside to get "suited up" with your helmet, harness, and gloves (women get pink gloves).

Noticing my apprehension the guide convinced me to at least try since I had come to check it out or I would never know if I liked it or not...! I mean isn’t life just about that; living it? He (wish I could remember his name to give him proper credit) reassured that if I went out there I could attempt the first small initial teaching zip-line and if I was still apprehensive I could change my mind and receive a refund or credit to come back or give to a friend. His encouragement nudged me that far. And…Imp so glad!

As mentioned above, after signing the paperwork you go outside and get geared up. Then you begin with the first "teaching" short zip line which actually initiates the course of what I think I remember being 5-7 zip lines and 2 sky bridges. I will admit it took me a few minutes to try and enjoy this instead of weighing risks and rewards and thinking all of those crazy thoughts. I kept thinking “it really looks like fun” and I also had my 15 year old daughter egging me on to continue forward. I decided I was going to take on this mini adventure and listened carefully to the instructions they give you prior to your first launch. They teach you how to hold on, how to brake and how to land on the platform. With the help of my guide who counted to three...1, 2, 3 go.... (LOL) I initiated the first zip-line and each one after that was more fun.

There is one long line that took us over a small portion of the lake that I remember being the most beautiful....I let go and enjoyed the ride across. And there were two sky bridges that you walk across. I felt very safe and the guides were always right there encouraging, reassuring and doing an excellent job at their job!

The guides were so reassuring, encouraging, funny, helpful and truly enjoyable to be with. They love what they do! And that made all the difference for me. The weather was beautiful the day we went. It is a bit of a costly activity (group rates are cheaper and I believe they offer coupons) but it is something you should try, well worth the cost and the memories that you will have from your zip-lining experience. We did take pics while on the zip line which I will post here. One of our group members brought a little backpack to carry her camera and others used cell phones (so you should bring an accessible camera). Also, wear comfortable sneakers and clothes as if you were going on a hiking trail.

If you are apprehensive but want to try it; you should go for it! If I can do it; you can. I was really happy and thankful that I went zip-lining that day.

If your asking, “Would you do it again”? Yes I would!

Visited February 2011
2 Thank GeorgieGirl45
Gainesville, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“awesome!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2010

We went on the Canopy Tour with family visiting for Christmas, (17 of us from 8 to 51). The guides were fantastic and really did a great job of easing our fears. Everyone in our group said it was the most fun they have had in quite some time ...... 5 stars !!!!
DJ

1 Thank DJfromGA

Been to Lake Lanier Canopy Tours? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK