“No internet & Smelly room.”

Super 8 Brunswick/South
Ranked #21 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed 30 October 2017

When I entered the room there was damp odor. There was no internet. A connection would be made then there was no connection. When I brought it up at check out I was told that was nothing they would do about it.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
jit p, Manager at Super 8 Brunswick/South, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Hi,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused while staying with us. It woud've been nice if prior to check out these issues were brought to our attention so we would be able to address accordingly. I have no name on file as stated on this review, however we haven't had any internet issues in a very long time and all our carpets were shampooed on October 16, 2017.

Once again sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Anthony

Reviewed 24 October 2017

We stayed at the Super 8 Brunswick/South on 10/18/2017. My family was returning from Florida and we were exhausted. We got two rooms. I have stayed at a lot of hotels/motels in my life and never like this one. The rooms were dirty. My room with my husband and grandson was so thick with smoke smell that we had to leave the door open and the air running on high all night. I also had to run a small portable fan. The bed sucked and the blankets I am sure were not clean. The run felt dirty under my feet. I would not walk on it without shoes. My daughter-in-law's room smelled a little less like smoke but during the night she had to kill a large roach. I got almost no sleep and the next morning I packed up as quick as possible and got out. No one wanted to get in the shower, Sad that this place is so poorly managed. I would not believe the reviews that give this place a "very good" rating.

Room Tip: Always ask about non smoking rooms. NEVER NEVER NEVER stay at this place.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
jit p, General Manager at Super 8 Brunswick/South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

For one, no guest no matter how drunken you are is going to sleep with there room door open all night been in a strange area, no matter how safe it is. The hotel was booked up and just a few rooms remaining. The only rooms selling online were smoking rooms. The two rooms are smoking rooms and yes they do smell like smoke depending on the last person that stayed in there woud determine how badly it smells of smoke. Even though we do treat each room daily. The carpets were shampooed on the 10/16/2017, so for the guest to assume that the carpet felt dirty makes me wonder what else has she assumed. ALL rooms are cleaned to the standard of Super8 almost all the time. I refuse to pretend at times the housekeepers doesn't overlook somethings but that is very minimal. I believe in a very fair review and does accept same. Super8 Brunswick South is a very clean hotel with great service, wifi, and breakfast.

Anthony

Reviewed 19 October 2017

The hotel charged my card extra money. Went to the desk to question it, manager had to fix it. Mattress absolutely horrible!! Had to buy an air mattress.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
jit p, Manager at Super 8 Brunswick/South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017