“Perfect place for a Girls Getaway!”

and 1 more site!
Serenity in the Mountains Luxury Suites
Atlanta, Georgia
“Perfect place for a Girls Getaway!”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Serenity's special package for a Girls Getaway was heaven. The suites are large with a full kitchen, den and, in our case, 2 bedrooms. The rooms were very quiet and the place was cozy it even had a fireplace. We got 2 suites next to each other and the fun began! Upon entering our suites we were greeted with a bottle of wine, local breads and pastries, coffee maker with coffee and ten we opened the fridge. There was milk, OJ and a huge platter filled with cheese, chocolate covered strawberries and pretzels, crackers. It was more than enough for the 2 night special we room package. The package also came with 4 spa treatments and full use of the spa. We were in heaven! The only down side was the area outside our front door. The rocking chairs were a nice touch but our rooms did overlook a busy road. Ain't didn't really bother us because the suites were so quiet and we spent little time in the rocking chairs because the town itself is adorable with lots of small boutiques and nice restaurants. It was quaint a country looking but very progressive. We all came home with plenty of shopping bags. Overall, it was a great deal. I'll definitely go back, hopefully soon.

Room Tip: Ask if they have any rooms in back of building. They also offer individual cabins.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This is a very nice place the bathrooms are amazing. The resort does not offer good views of nature or the mountains but still a good place to stay. My only complaint was the king bed in my room was rock hard and i usually like a firm bed. The bed was upsetting because i had read reviews by people talking about the best bed ever and a good nights rest is essential for a good vacation. I sent an email and called serenity but havent recieved a reply about my complaint.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank streetrodman
Lynda C, Owner at Serenity in the Mountains Luxury Suites, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Customer complaints are the school books from which we learn. I can only apologize to this gentleman for his not liking our mattresses as they are not motel quality mattresses. To this point we have had nothing but compliments concerning our mattresses. I also take full responsibility for this gentleman not receiving an apology by email. After a receptionist talked to him on the phone and personally apologized, I didn't feel an email was necessary as talking with someone is so much more personal. My mistake again as he sent us an additional email. We immediately sent him a written apology. I certainly hope we learn from our mistakes and in the future we will follow all verbal apologies with a written one.
Woodstock, Ga
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Rooms are designed like a condo with kitchens, dining area and fireplace. The suite was very spacious and decorated in a lodge feel. The bathroom was the best though with an amazing tub and large shower! Just wish the hotel had a view of more than a parking lot. Definitely check out the spa! Wonderful relaxing atmosphere!

Room Tip: Parking is on the street level so maybe choose 2nd floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KHunterWoodstock_Ga
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed 3 February 2012

My grand parents live in Blue Ridge. We have small family gatherings there every year, and their advanced age makes it difficult for them to host everyone. Serenity in the Mountains has become the headquarters for our family trips.

For just a little more than the cost of a standard hotel room, we get a fully furnished apartment, complete with fully stocked kitchenette (utensils and coffee, not food)...even a washer/dryer complete with laundry soap. They have large, flat screen TVs, wireless internet and jacuzzi tubs.

One thing about the bedrooms is that there are no windows. It can feel somewhat like a cave, which is good or bad, depending on your perspective. Makes it very easy to sleep, but have to set an alarm to wake up, with no windows for the sun to peek through and tell you it's morning.

It's located on the main road through town, but the decor has the feel of a mountain log cabin. The furnishings and decorations are nothing like a hotel. Very home-y.

I've stayed in 1, 2 and 3 bedroom units. Each bedroom has a private bathroom, very convenient for family gatherings. The living room in the 3-bedroom unit is ENORMOUS!

It's not a full-service hotel. No restaurant and the office is only open business hours, but they have lock-boxes outside the rooms to put the keys for late arrivals. The staff is very helpful.

I only got a massage once. The spa area has the same mountain-cabin feel, very nice. The massage was just OK, and the therapist was 45 minutes late.

All said, this is the only place to stay in Blue Ridge.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Nashville
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I love this place. We went the first time for my birthday in August and I could not get over how beautiful the suite was. My favorite part was the bathroom with the HUGE stone shower and to die for jacuzzi tub. We went to downtown Blue Ridge and stopped at a store called Cold Canyon. They have some really great bath salts, lotions and good smelling products. Went back to the suite and tried out our bath salts and it was amazing! I highly recommend eating at Harvest on Main. We ate there twice during our stay and it was delicious both nights. They have a real nice variety of items on their menu and even have their own farm where they produce honey and lots of fruits and veggies. Some of their things are for sale at the restaurant. We bought some of the honey but they also had some pickled items that looked good too. We plan to go back for Thanksgiving, I cant' wait to take advantage of the lovely fireplace this time and since they are pet friendly, we can take our dogs with us. I had a mani-pedi at the spa and it was one of the best I have ever had. The ONLY negative I can think of is if you have a suite below the spa you can hear footsteps as the spa has hardwood floors. I brought earplugs and it was not an issue at all for me. I would recommend this place to anyone. You will not find a more beautiful suite anywhere and for the price it is a no brainer.

Room Tip: I would recommend trying to get a room that is not beneath the spa.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Amicalola Falls Lodge
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville
29.7 km away
Best Western Mountain View Inn

Been to Serenity in the Mountains Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK