“Great view over the River!”

Toccoa Riverside Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 95 Restaurants in Blue Ridge
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 24
Cuisines: American
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the North Georgia Mountains on the banks of the rolling scenic Toccoa River 8 miles outside of Blue Ridge. This location takes it up a notch when it comes to relaxed dining with a gorgeous view. OnlyInYourState rated us as on of the best restaurants in Georgia, "13 Incredible Trips in Georgia that will Change your Life" by Marisa Roman. Come, see for yourself and enjoy our award winning Pecan Crusted Trout, a homemade blackberry cobbler, breathtaking view and friendly service. Lookin' forward to seein' ya out here on the river!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Be prepared to park on the street. Limited parking lot. We had just finished doing a great hike on a hot day nearby, and on our way back we stopped at this busy spot. We were so looking forward to relaxing by the river, with our dog, and ordering a nice cold beer. OOPS, no alcohol sold on Sundays! That was a bummer. We ended up not eating there. So, my review is not based on food. The restaurant looked nice, and the river view was pretty. I do believe they're closed on Mondays & Tuesdays as well. Enjoy if you go there! We'll probably try again on our next trip to Blue Ridge, GA.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First, the pros:

The setting is on Aska Road, in a beautiful wooded area outside Blue Ridge. The decor was rustic and charming, the view peaceful, and our server, Ashley, was very attentive.

Now, the cons:

The food just wasn’t that good. We ordered 4 different entrees, and none of us were impressed. The food was also lacking in terms of presentation. Also, as we were waiting for to be seated, we could hear the kitchen staff screaming at the server, which was a poor first impression.

We would not eat here again, especially with so many other good choices in town.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stopped by with our 11 month old, just passing by on our way back to our cabin. The staff was very nice and quickly accommodated us with a high chair. The server was very friendly to us and our baby. We had never been so she was very helpful with suggestions and checked on us often. My husband got scallops and I got the encrusted trout which were both very good. All in all I enjoyed our visit. We’ll be back again!

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Worst dining experience ever. Sent back 4 dinners twice as the food was cold. The second time we sent the food back the owner said he would test the food the see if it was cold. How insulting. Only offered a 20% discount on the bill which didn’t even cover the cost of the 4 dinners that we never did eat. He was rude and belligerent then went on to tell me how many people they served that day. If they served that many dinners and raked in that much money that day I certainly should have been compensated more. He rejected my suggestion to comp all 4 meals. Will never go back. There are plenty of other nice restaurants in Blue Ridge that would be happy to get my business.

2  Thank Maggie S
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Yes Forester Jeff and the wife are back on the road traveling looking at the Blue Ridge mountains and as always searching out the best in local cuisine. Tonight we headed on a short drive out of Blue Ridge to the famous Toccoa River Restaurant. The place was packed so we knew something good must be cooking inside. we started the meal with fresh calamari then for the main fair I selected the cajun blackened brook trout, the wife selected broiled brook trout. Kelsey our server continued to check on our table even with the place packed to maximum capacity. I don't remember when I have ever had such great restaurant table service. But please don't just take my word, this is a place you must put on the list to visit when you are in Blue Ridge, GA.