All reviews cabin rentals porch swing mountain view wood ga
Reviewed 21 January 2016

The cabin was nice; however, when we arrived there was evidence of the property not being checked before our check in time. When I went to use the hot tub (main purpose in choosing such a location to stay), the water was cold indicating that it had not been functioning for a while as it had an insulating cover on. I called the management office and they sent someone to check on the hot tub. It could not be repaired during my stay I was informed by the repairman. I was not offered any solution by the management company, I just had to go without a hot tub. When I had brought up this issue at check out, I was rushed off the phone saying that it was a $600 bill to the owners as if it was my problem. When I emailed Avenairs about some sort of compensation as I did not get what I paid for. I was informed that if I had told them sooner than I did, they would have moved me to another cabin. They never offered to move me to another cabin and informed me they had no intentions of any sort of compensation. On top of this, they also finished the email with stating the heat was set too low and "could have been expensive." When their checkout paperwork clearly states that check out is promptly at 11am as they property much be checked before next customers arrive. I had left the house hot as I had been using the fireplace all weekend. They also were unaware that the property had a firepit (which the website shows a picture of and they argued with me about it over the phone) and a lockbox nest to the front door. I had called at checkout to see if I needed to leave the key in the lockbox that is right next to the front door and the officer manager tried to go back and forth with me stating there is no lockbox. All of this proves they do not check their property regularly as I feel a management company should. The owner of this cabin should consider a different management company. When I was being polite and treated the property with care, I was treated with petty arguments. It is clear that money is more important than customer service to this company. On a good note, they do have a sweet tone of voice when they answer the phone making you feel as though none of this nonsense could ever take place. I had planned on using this company on a regular basis as well, unfortunately for the property owners, they will be receiving less business.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
11  Thank Tiff S
Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

While the location of Rustic Retreat was great...the view wonderful...the inside furnishings were awful. Both couches had broken springs which made sitting very uncomfortable ...the reading chairs had tears in the fabric...the king bed mattress was completely worn out with grooves worn in the middle. The sheets were worn and frayed! Would I recommend this to anyone...absolutely not! I actually took pictures just to prove my case !

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
10  Thank Innkeeper52
Reviewed 13 October 2015

We rented one of the cabins from Avenair Cabin rentals for a weekend and had a very disappointing experience. We rent cabins very frequently, every year at different locations and this is the first time that we actually had to cut our trip short!
There were spider webs everywhere. One was on the door of a bedroom on the main floor! That tells me that the cabin hasn't been cleaned in weeks....
And this is specially after I put a note saying that we are visiting with kids and requested to have the cabin cleaned.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Swathi22
Reviewed 29 September 2015

I rented a cabin at least 2 months prior to Labor Day weekend for two nights for a 60th birthday celebration for my husband. During our lunch, on the day of check in, I got a call from Avenair that our cabin was out of commission because of ecoli in the water. What an awful feeling that my special weekend was being ruined! Avenair did recommend a cottage in town that was available from another company, so at least we didn't have to drive home. I just feel like we were bumped for a longer staying rental, and would not trust renting from them again.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank Ruby R
Reviewed 25 August 2015

I would NOT recommend!!!! You just get runaround with hateful office manager. He will tell you "accounting will decide about your charges". When you question and ask if you can so speak to Accounting, then he says "No", that he has final say. I was never able to speak to anyone in upper management. His attitude is terrible. I would sleep on ground with no cover before I'd ever stay in one of their cabins!!!!!!!!

Date of stay: August 2015