“Best of the Best B&B”

Antebellum Oaks Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barnesville
Antebellum Oaks Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Barnesville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 October 2014

Southern charm at its finest. This was the best B&B I've ever visited. Not only was the Inn a beautifully restored southern mansion, the hostess, Ms. Dolie was simply THE BEST! She made us delicious full breakfasts with something different every day-definitely not your run of the mill continental bagel-we had fresh fruit, fluffy scrambled eggs, pastries, bacon, ham, sausage, juices all served up on beautiful china and on our time schedule. The bedroom was spacious with lots of lounging chairs and other beautiful furniture. The bath had fluffy towels and an assortment of shampoos, soaps, and creams for your use. Ms. Dolie made us feel like we were staying with family taking time to talk to us about her beautiful artwork collection and how she came to be the Inn's owner. We absolutely LOVED staying there and will go back and hope everyone has the opportunity to "visit" with Ms. Dolie!

Room Tip: We stayed in Rhett's room but got the opportunity to look at all the rooms available. Any of th...
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 499cynthiaa

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We came from Fredericksburg, VA so that my parents could meet their grand baby for the first time. We forgot to book a room before we came but Ms. Dolie was so accommodating. Then our card got skimmed at some gas station in NC and we were upset that we may not be able to pay her. She never once made a big deal out of it and we got it figured out in the end. Nor did she make a big deal out of our son crying. In fact she doted on him like he was her own! It's hard to find places that are warm towards children, especially infants. Conner and I will be returning here in the future, perhaps in the fall, to really soak up what we both really miss about the south. It was an amazing experience and I haven't seen my sweet husband that relaxed in months! Thank you for making us feel at home. We really enjoyed ourselves.

Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Danielle G
Reviewed 20 June 2014

What a unique experience for a very reasonable price! Exactly as pictured and lived up to other reviews. I slept on absolutely one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on in Rhett's room. Anything you may need is there, and Dolie treated me like a treasured guest. I could have spent all day there talking to her and hearing about the house. Breakfast was wonderful with fresh fruit, orange cranberry nut bread, scrambled eggs, bacon, turkey sausage, juice, and coffee. Hopefully I can stay there again during my next trip!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank BE911949
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is a lovely historic Southern home in Barnesville, GA, filled with amazing antiques and complete with a gracious hostess! Dolie made me feel right at home. She has done a great job restoring this house formally owned by a Gone With the Wind actor. She also makes the best scrambled eggs! The guest rooms are upstairs and each one is beautifully decorated. I highly recommend this place if you want to experience a taste of old Southern charm and an opportunity to relax in a lovely setting.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank GoRoadie
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I am traveling for work and wanted somewhere close to the office in Thomaston. I was referred to Antebellum by a friend who lives locally in the area.. This is a such a Beautiful Bed & Breakfast and Ms Dolie is such a wonderful hostess.... She makes you feel right at home and treats you like one of her family members.... Nice and Quiet evenings with wine, beer and little snack baskets for you nightly snack... and wake up to find coffee, juices, muffins, made to order sausage, bacon, eggs, toast, and fresh fruit waiting on me.. Just like mom used to make. Love it here and I will definitely be staying here again and will refer all of my co workers to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank BBenton32754

Been to Antebellum Oaks Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK