All reviewsmy husband and iscrambled eggsexceptional hospitalityworth a tripplace to stayhostessoaksantebellumwindhomeporchgaweekend
Reviewed 19 April 2013

My husband and I were looking for something close to home for our first night away from our new baby. This was perfect and owner is just the sweetest ever! The rooms were pretty and I loved all the antiques.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Rhett room! Loved it!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nutmeg1282
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Hostess is delightful and inn is charming. I'm sure there is nothing Dolie would not do to accommodate a guest. And what a tremendous breakfast!
Note there are several resident cats if you have allergy problems. The cats are sweet if you love them, but trained to stay out of guest rooms and leave visitors alone is you prefer.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank virginiatravelers3
Reviewed 17 September 2012

My wife and I attended my class reunion in Barnesville, which coincided with Buggy Days. The place oozes with charm and Southern hospitality. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, clean and charmingly cluttered. Art adorns every wall and corner of house. The grounds are well maintained, there are sitting areas in the side lawn, and yes there is even a veranda off one of the front sitting rooms. Breakfast started with hot coffee or tea, fresh fruit topped off with eggs, toast, fried biscuits, bacon, ham and sausage. The owner, Dolie, not "Dollie", but "Dolie" as in Dole pineapple was a wonderful hostess. It was like visiting an old friends home rather than renting a room. We loved it, and we'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cam H
Reviewed 16 September 2012

My husband and I just returned home from a wonderful weekend staying at Antebellum Oaks Inn. Everything was just delightful. Dolie, the proprietor was so welcoming and made you feel right at home from the minute you walked in. This is a wonderful B & B that has all of your wants and needs met. We loved sitting on the veranda. That just makes a glass of wine taste extra special. By the way, the wine is free! Dolie cooked an amazing breakfast each morning. We are looking forward to staying there again for my husbands next high school reunion.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Debbie S
Reviewed 22 April 2012

My husband and I found ourselves in Barnesville for his high school reunion. I chose the Antebellum Oaks Inn after reading the glowing reviews on Trip Advisor. I can seriously say, this is the most welcoming B & B we've ever visited...and that's saying a lot. Dolie, the owner, felt like a long lost relative and we loved her immediately. The furnishings look like they've always been there, but Dolie has chosen everything herself, as she purchased the historic building at auction. Each room holds interesting treasure. We especially loved the verandah! Can you belive the wine is free? "Help yourself", said Dolie. She even made homemade strawberry jam for breakfast! There are only four guestrooms, so be sure to make a reservation.

Room Tip: Photos of the rooms are available on the website
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends