All reviews train station morse museum quaint hotel street noise creaky floors warm croissants breakfast tray balcony room modern amenities perfect location chain hotel each morning historic charm coffee and juice balcony overlooking park avenue small room late at night
Reviewed 23 September 2016

Having needed to find somewhere near to Orlando for our first night stay in the US we found the park plaza and booked as it seemed likely to offer the comfort we were looking for after a long flight and late arrival. We also wanted to get away from airport hotels and Winter Park is quite beautiful and close by so was a good choice for us. Initial impressions were a little worrying as it wasn't quite the refined modern place we had expected, however on second look we were actually more impressed as although it looks quirky it is quite nicely designed. Old world style fittings are set up in a room that has some history. Bathroom fittings again looked old but all worked perfectly and the bed was incredibly comfortable. They have no parking but as it was the weekend we found easy parking on the street - without that this would have been a pain. Also it oddly had the noisiest flushing toilet we have ever found. All in all we could recommend staying there if only for a short break.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2016

My sister arranged to stay at this hotel upon the recommendation of some one who stayed there years ago and loved it. I am assuming she stayed there over 40 years ago because that seemed like the time it may have been a nice place to stay. Their queen room had a very European feeling, meaning I felt like I was staying in a closet. The bathroom was so small my knees touched the side of the tub when I sat on the toilet (and I am 5'3"). I was glad my husband wasn't with me because he would have had to sit sideways on the toilet.When my sister arrived at 9 pm she was really disappointed. We stayed the night but found another place for much less. We stayed on the back side of the hotel and felt like the train was going through our room. (Trains start passing a 5:30am).

Room Tip: My advice is to go on trip advisor and pick a different hotel. The trains is close and the windows are old
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank LynnKayB
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Great location right on Park Ave.
The rooms are charming and super clean!!!
The staff makes you feel right at home, and always willing to help. Great restaurants and bars right next to the hotel.
Definitely coming back!!!!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

This is a great place to stay and enjoy the avenue!! The staff is genuinely friendly, welcoming and professional!! This is an old historic building with floors that creek that has been maintained beautifully and has great character! I would recommend all to stay at this awesome hotel!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Pia-PPH, General Manager at Park Plaza Hotel Winter Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Good Morning scottmaurer67,

We are thrilled that you loved the ambiance and style of the Hotel. Winter Park is such a lovely historic town and we lproud to be part of its rich history. The building is almost 100 years old. Your review means a lot to us and we welcome you back on your next visit to the area.

Pia Brenan
Park Plaza Hotel

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Our stay at The Park Plaza exceeded our expectations. We wanted to have an experience at a hotel that brought us back in time in a luxurious manner. The staff were wonderful. Patrick made sure that all our needs were taken care of. We had a great view of Central Park.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Pia-PPH, General Manager at Park Plaza Hotel Winter Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Good Morning,

We are so happy that you had such a wonderful experience at the Park Plaza Hotel, and that the staff took complete care of your needs. That means a lot to us as we all work hard to make that happen for every guest. Patrick got an extra pat on the back! Thank you again for staying with us. We hope to see you back soon!