“Tres bon!”

Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 32
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: (Cafe de France Opens for Lunch and Dinner from Tuesday thru Saturday. Lunch 11.30PM to 2.30PM Dinner 6.00PM to 10.00 PM. The hours listed by tripadvisor are wrong. And we have no way to change it! Cafe de France opened its) doors to Park Avenue in July 1982. Since then it has always been owned and operated by French natives, following the pattern of many little restaurants in Europe. Cafe de France takes pride in serving the freshest ingredients brought in daily. All dishes are freshly prepared on premises. Our specials change everyday, according to market availability. Full bar and wine cuvinet We hope you'll enjoy your dining experience in our quaint restaurant, and we look forward to your future visit. OPEN FOR LUNCH AND DINNER, TUESDAY THRU SATURDAY! Open for lunch. Bon appetit!
Reviewed 12 June 2017

For over thirty years the Cafe de France has been a steadfast fixture on South Park Ave. I do not think there is another restaurant on the Avenue that can say they've been there this long. The reason they endure is simple. They're excellent.
Their service is excellent. Their food is excellent. Their wines are excellent. Their staff is not just excellent, they are superior. They are warm, welcoming and very professional.
The menu has excellent choices from seafood to beef to poultry. The pate is made fresh. The bread is fresh. The salads are crisp and the maincourses are well prepared and the presentation is lovely. My favorite is the Duck, but I've had many excellent seafood selections, and of course the desserts. If they're offering the chocolate crepes, DO NOT PASS THEM UP!!! It's worth the calories. You can get new pants or go on a diet later. Believe me.....

3  Thank FloridaJawdoc

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Two couples had reservations for Mother's Day. The cafe was about half full. Waitstaff did an excellent job making us feel welcome and special. Personal service plus a table visit by the owner. We enjoyed talking with her and learning about this family business. Scallops were perfectly prepared and the risotto was cooked to perfection. Other meals also perfect. In spite of it being a holiday we felt like we were the only diners due to the personal care and service.

2  Thank STEVE E
Reviewed 19 April 2017

I've known of Cafe de France for years, but the 90-minute drive has always deterred me from making it there. Recently my wife and I decided to make an evening out of walking around the Winter Park area, and topped our romantic day off at Cafe de France.

Upon entering we were politely greeted and shown a lovely table right at the front window, allowing us to enjoy both the charming interior and a view for people-watching. Outdoor seating was also available on the sidewalk, but we opted to sit inside.

Perhaps because I’m surrounded by dull chain restaurants where I live, I couldn’t help but be charmed by the elegant yet simple and welcoming feel of this place. Surrounded by photos of Paris sights yet feeling authentic and tastefully decorated, I found myself soaking up the ambience of this charming restaurant throughout the meal, even feeling like I could have been in a little café in France.

We ordered the house wine and sparking water to start. We also received a small but tasty basket of fresh, warm bread. For appetizers, my wife had a simple but nicely dressed salad of greens, and I went with the cheese board, which consisted of three distinctly different and lovely cheeses, crostini and accompaniments. Both items were very nice and a great way to begin the meal.

That was followed by our mains: Scallops over a risotto and a side of haricot verts for my wife, and a beef filet with potatoes and asparagus for me, both of which arrived nicely plated.

I do not eat seafood but I could just tell looking at my wife’s scallops how perfectly they were cooked, and her reaction upon eating them confirmed this. Her risotto (which I did try) was also expertly cooked and was creamy and rich. There’s really not much that could have been improved about the dish and my wife ate every single bite of it.

My steak had a fantastic cook on the outside and it was a nice medium on the inside (perhaps a trifle too much on the medium well side, but I’m splitting hairs here). The filet was so juicy and tender and just the right size. The wine demi-glace was just right and complementary…not too rich or too heavy. The gratin potatoes were sort of scallop-like and also nicely cooked and a great side, as was the asparagus.

For dessert my wife had a crepe filled with fresh fruit and Chantilly cream, lightly dusted in powdered sugar. We were sort of debating if the crepe would be made to order as opposed to being packaged and warmed, but it sure looked and tasted as if it was made just before being served; the whole thing was lovely and the fruit very fresh.

I went with a dish I had never had before—a tarte tatin. It was a small but extremely flavorful upside-down apple tart, which was rich and decadent yet retaining the freshness of the apple. It was totally delicious, especially when mixed with the small, perfectly-sized bowl of vanilla ice cream served with it.

The server seemed to be a young man who was extremely polite and soft-spoken. He seemed quite nervous (perhaps he was new?), but he led us through our evening quite nicely. If anything, service was a bit too attentive with refills and such, but his polite demeanor was always welcomed.

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal here in terms of both the atmosphere and the cuisine. The quality of the food was just a touch below what a top fine dining restaurant might have, but the prices here are also lower; we felt we had a fantastic meal for the cost and that it was a great value for the entire experience. I look forward to coming back again soon.

3  Thank dbfoodie
Reviewed 9 April 2017

Escargot was good and pate was tasty. Elk rib chop was cooked rare (asked for med rare) and too rare to eat; disappointing. Beef bourgonoun was over cooked but sauce was very tasty. Apple tarte was delish, perfiterolles were ok. Wife thought bourgonoun was the best meal of the trip.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Took our family of 5 out to celebrate our mother's 92nd birthday. We were not disappointed. The restaurant is beautiful and closed off from the busy Friday night crowds on Park Ave. We all ordered a different dish and everything was perfect. Between the Lamb, the Duck, the Steak, the Scallops and the Beef Bourguignon, everyone's meal was amazing.The staff is very professional and courteous and went out of their way to make everyone happy. We definitely will be back again.

3  Thank DollFan1