All reviewscleveland clinicfront deskbusiness traveleroffice complexnice hotelroom was cleanbig flat screen tvmiami airportlate checkoutbooked this hotelhotel is locatedfort lauderdalealligator alleygreat poolhot tubrental carminute drive
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I just came from Puerto Rico post hurricane with my family & no idea where to go plus i had my mom on a wheelchair cause she got run over before the hurricane , I was able to make a reservation when everywhere else was sold out and i had the best time Thanks to the Operations Manager Ada Lopez who was able to help me and moved us to a bigger room so that my mom and family where comfortable while we sorted everything up , I also want to thank the staff from The Bistro Sandra, Nataly, Yolanda and Dora who were not only profesional but understanding and helpful they made our time specially our mornings the best moments we had in weeks. Overall i would gladly recommend it to anybody and if i ever need a place to stay in south Florida i would gladly stay there no matter the distance of where i need to be.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

The weekend brought me and my family to Weston area for two youth events My son was competing at a Debate Tournament at a local high school and my daughter was competing at a youth soccer tournament. The Courtyard Marriott ~ Weston just happen to be the host hotel for both events, and has been for both events over past couple years.
The hotel is in a great location off I-75, but could use some more signage. N. Commerce is a long dark road and every time I drive to hotel, I passed the hotel entrance.
The are many restaurants and bars very close by.
Hotel lobby is welcoming, and large bistro and Starbucks at entrance.
Room is large and clean. Mini fridge, microwave, work desk, big flat screen tv. USB charging station, soft clean sheets and linens. Several bed pillows to choose from.
Large bathroom, with nice shower.
We didn’t get to use pool, bar or business center.
Rooms were very quiet and nice temperature.
There is a little store with drinks and snacks. However $3.50 for one single bottle of Pepsi is a little steep since you can drive up to the Publix two blocks up the road and buy a six pack.
I would recommend the hotel and will return next season.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2017

This hotel bills itself out as having free cable and wifi in the rooms. Indeed, they charge a premium for such amenities. However, during my stay, the television did not work, the cable did not work, the wifi did not work. When I'd call the front desk for help, they'd say there is nothing they can do. Well there is something I can do, I'll stay somewhere else next time. How can the hotel claim they support the NFL, yet none of the televisions work so you can watch an NFL game.

Room Tip: be careful for the bed bugs
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
MonicaCY, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Scott P.
As a frequent guest of Marriott hotels, we appreciate your honest feedback describing your recent stays at our hotel. I regret that I did not have the opportunity to speak with you earlier this week. You bring up a valid point regarding our follow through in the event that a customer takes the time to bring an issue to our attention, we are certainly guilty of that. My sincere apologies to you, but let me assure you that we have had our cable and satellite TV vendor here checking the systems to ensure that it is functioning properly. We hope that you will come back and see us again.
Monica

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We stayed here being Marriott loyal, my husband is going thru getting a transplant at the Cleveland Clinic. First when we called to confirm, they couldn't find our reservation. So we get there and check in. Their "Bistro" is a joke & the food is terrible. So we went up and went to bed. I wake up @ 4AM to use the restroom and there was a roach in the sink near the bathroom. I killed it with toilet paper and brought it to the front desk. When I got the clerk to stop watching TV and give it to him, he just said thanks.
My husband said he also saw a roach in the sink a couple of hours later.
The next morning I went to talk to the manager, Olga at the the front desk took the info. She did ask it I wanted another room, but we were leaving in a hour. Then she asked if food was around. Apparently she does not realize they come from water or cardboard. We went out to eat, not returning to The Bistro. When we returned I asked if the manager was in. She said she called & let her know. When were checking out I asked if the manager was there. She said she let know. The truth is, she was right there. She never called. So I called at about 6 that night. She said she took care of the problem, she had the room sprayed and had engineering check it and they found nothing. She offered me nothing and made it sound as though she & Olga determined I lied about it. Olga also lied & said I said there were bugs everywhere. The rooms are also very musty. Stay in your car if you have to, you are better off. And Monica & Olga should find new jobs.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
MonicaCY, Operations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear Rose T,
Thank you for your feedback and for bringing your concerns to our manager's attention. The appropriate departments have been informed and the different issues have been taken care of assuring you this was an isolated issue and not our norm.
Regards,
A. L.
Ops. Mgr

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I know things were tough and scary do to Irma the hurricane but they made a pretty penny selling a $16.95 breakfast . It was the most disrespectful thing ever, lineman from other states brought into to help with power outages were pissed, and the "bistro " as it was called was bull crap.They didn't do anything to help by charging money like that and operating when it was to there benefit. I'm going to corporate with this as well. I know that there was state of emergency and being stuck in a hotel like this one I expected understanding and support from the "bistro " . On top of it all we never lost power ,and if you went to the front desk they wanted to charge you for everything before they lost power , as a precaution. The maids were on top of everything and supportive, I'm not venting here but the truth be known I will never stay there again no matter what circumstances are thrown at me. Now I did feel safe there and very great full for being able to get a room, but they need to work on a lot. No ice machine working on any floor, 1 microwave per floor with people in line to use, really you cheap bastards!!!! No reason for ice machines to be shut down, very disappointed in this hotel experience. You see the name and think nice huh ??? Forget it !!!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
MonicaCY, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Glenn:
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay while we all rode out Hurricane Irma. We operated our hotel in an emergency situation with only about 20% of our team, as a result some of our services were varied as we became a shelter in place. Although we were fortunate enough to not lose power, we had to preserve our provisions because no one knew how long it would be before commerce started up again in the area. The ice machines had gotten emptied out quickly since most guests brought coolers with them and filled them up in anticipation of losing power. We regret if these procedures were off putting to you, that certainly was not the intent. We hope that you and your family have been able to move forward after such an anxious time and thank you for staying with us.
Monica