All reviews great location lifestyle center great bars and restaurants few minutes walk publix supermarket per day large living room full kitchen decent gym valet parking is kitchen area train noise clematis street valet service railroad tracks within walking distance high floor
Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

I tried this hotel being new and down town. When we entered the hotel we were greeted by a very stiff employee with no personality. (The lobby was very new clean & Modern) We asked about parking charges as we were going to be here a while and the price was crazy high they recommended we park a few blocks away at a public parking garage. Ok my wife and newborn parking blocks away at night down town at a public parking garage, not a good option. So we made it to our nice room new everything clean (Almost felt like a Hospital) white everything with some visible wear already, bad layout and devoid of any warmth or personality. Warning you need to keep your key in a special spot for the lights to work (Very awkward). Anyway after 7 nights of not feeling comfortable and spending almost $1,000 we left early for a different hotel which suited our needs much more for the remaining 30 nights. I just had to share this as TripAdvisor is how we found this Hotel.

Stayed: July 2015
4  Thank aherman113
Reviewed 19 July 2015

The hotel was super clean and staff was friendly. The rooms were large and comfortable with all the amenities of an apartment. The pool was nice and the hotel is centrally located to the downtown area. I also enjoyed the size of the gym and the equipment inside!

2  Thank phillyfoodie12
Reviewed 10 July 2015

We visited this Residence Inn a few weeks ago on business and pleasure. What a wonderful surprise. This hotel seemed about as new and shiny as it could be. At first we got turned around and didn't realize just how close City Place was, it has everything you could need within a block's walk. There are movie theaters, Starbucks, Macy's, Publix supermarket, great restaurants and shops, just walk out the front doors of the hotel, make a right and walk across the railroad tracks, and City Place is right there. As hot and humid as it was, we walked 3-4 miles every day and had a great time. Palm Beach is just a dash away as is Delray Beach and Palm Beach Gardens. Also, the Palm Beach Outlets are close by as well.

The hotel itself was just perfect, very modern and so clean. We loved the little kitchen with a refrigerator, dishes, and tiny dishwasher. The rooms were tidy and so clean. Additionally, if you have a Netflix account, you can watch your Netflix movies/shows right on the TV in your room, just sign on and it's there.

We would most definitely return to this gem of a hotel in West Palm Beach!

3  Thank Mary Z
Reviewed 9 July 2015

We recently returned from a great 4-night stay at the Residence Inn West Palm Beach downtown. We typically stay at Hiltons as we are Diamond HHonors members, but wanted to try this hotel given it was new and in an excellent location.
It was almost perfect except for a couple of minor things. First off, the hotel is beautiful. I don't typically stay in Marriott brand hotels so I am not really sure what a typical Residence Inn looks like, but this hotel looked very upscale. Definitely not what comes to mind when I hear the name Residence Inn. The location is excellent. City Place is a block in one direction, the waterfront is a few blocks in the other direction. It was so convenient to be able to walk down to the waterfront to see the fireworks on July 4th then return to the hotel and avoid all the traffic. However that led to one downside, the parking. The hotel was packed the night of the 4th and parking that night was of course terrible. Fortunately, Marriott directed guests to overflow parking nearby so not a huge issue, but a minor inconvenience. We had no other issues with parking during our stay.

We are a family of 5 and stayed in a 2-bedroom suite. Our nephew also joined us for 2 of our nights there. Suite had plenty of space. Master bathroom was shower only while secondary bathroom had tub/shower combo. I loved that the 2-bedroom here had a full size table with 4 chairs. We typically stay at the WPB Homewood Suites when traveling with entire family and the 2-bedroom there only has the mini-table with 2 chairs so this was a definite upgrade. Curiously, the 2-bedroom is supposed to sleep up to 8 I believe, but only had enough plates and silverware for 4. Of course being a new hotel everything was in excellent condition.

The pool was also wonderful. Our kids are young and LOVE LOVE LOVE the pool so it is always a consideration in choosing where to stay. They loved the pool here. It was nice and big and never crowded. It is right near the entrance and they are still growing the privacy ivy so people can look in as they walk by, but this was not an issue.

Breakfast was good with minimal variety day to day. Typical for what you would expect for this type of hotel.

The biggest negative is related to the Wi-fi. Although it won't make me not come back it is some definite trickery going on with the "free" wifi. So it really can be free, however you have to 'register' each day and during registration is where they can get you. You click 'free' wifi because well most people want the free wifi of course and not the 'upgraded' wifi for $5.95. So you have already clicked that you want the 'free' wifi so that should be the end of it, but no, after you click free wifi and enter your room number and last name, it then takes you to another screen that says 'Connect' front and center. Well beware that what the screen actually says is 'don't you want to go ahead and upgrade' (i'm paraphrasing of course), and the big 'connect' button then upgrades you for $5.95. There are tiny words underneath the big connect button that say 'no thanks, take me to the free wifi'. It's tiny like the legal language on packaging. VERY misleading. Actually I noticed it, but my nephew did not (TWICE). And once it's clicked, it's done. Again, just beware. You also cannot connect more than 4 devices at once. No big deal you say. This is what I thought as well. Someone gets off, someone else gets on. Not here. Once a device is connected, it is connected for the duration of your stay. We actually had to call tech support to rectify this as a couple of the devices initially connected were just visiting. Connectivity itself of consistent with no issues there. Okay so I've spent a lot of time talking about the Wi-fi issues, but ultimately we were there on vacation and weren't spending a ton of time on our devices so this is probably why the additional cost was so annoying. Again, not a deal breaker, but just beware.

Overall, our entire family enjoyed our stay here and will most likely be staying there again on our next visit to West Palm.

Room Tip: 2 bedrooms have full table with 4 chairs
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank georgiaroots80
Reviewed 7 July 2015

Staff greeted me in the most courteous manner. Loved that the location was very close, walking distance to City Place and also to a Publix grocery store. My studio was very spacious, modern, and clean. The bed was extremely comfortable after traveling all day and having a big work day ahead of me...needed a good night sleep, which the bed did the job. Breakfast was also great!

1  Thank Tally4Me