“You have got to be kidding me!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn West Palm Beach Airport
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Traveled on 2/21, arrived before noon but early check-in was not available. They stored are luggage and we end up checking in after Corp. dinner at around 8:30. The male manager (didn't get his name, about 5'10", 170 lbs; brown hair) was very short & rude to me when I asked for a different room, stating they were sold out. The gal was VERY nice and seemed embarrassed about his behavior.

Room #103 was horrible....had peeling wallpaper in several areas in the bathroom (which was large and spacious, handicap room) and it look like someone had spit up on the wall next to the garbage can.
This was definitely not up to Hilton standards and I told my travel department to never book our Corp travelers and guests at this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Not room 103
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn West Palm Beach Airport

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Great hotel, great location, great staff! Made our vacation in Palm Beach exceptional. Thanks to Tim and Ryan who have endless energy.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Pleasantly surprised...Better than many of the Hilton properties near the airport. Lovely rooms, very nice employees who are more than willing to answer any questions. Free shuttle to City Place which was very nice. Would recommend hotel to anyone such as myself who likes early morning flights and then some.....

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank smrsnshine
Reviewed 24 December 2011

I was pleasantly surprised. I typically stay in the Hilton Brand of Hotels and are usually happy with the accommodations. This hotel was better than I expected. I will certainly recommend this hotel and stay there next time I am in the area. Even breakfast was better than usual.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I got a good deal for a 4 night stay here in the west palm beach area. I enjoyed my stay for the most part. The hotel is nicely furnished with modern furniture. The furniture in the room was very nice and included a microwave and refridgerator unit which was very handy. I used the pool all four days here even though it rained every day. Everyday I felt the pool was too cold, I requested the temperature be turned up and it did slightly improve but not great. I guess management was trying to save money during the "off season". However, if you advertise that a pool is an amenity, it should be adequately heated for your guests comfort. The bed was wonderful and every night I slept well. There also was a fitness room with four machines, treadmill was out of service though and a business center with 2 computers and a good printer. Breakfast was not complimentary so I didnt try it. They did serve complimentary coffee in the early morning at least.

Our room was not large but spacious enough facing a wall of plants and the highway. I didnt have a problem with the noise. The representative who checked us in was polite enough but not friendly at all or willing to go out of the way to help you make your stay more comfortable. My bf and I called him the professional grouch. I requested a room with a view to which he replied "none of the rooms have views". Ok, how about a room facing the pool, none. He was not helpful at all! I did not receive a receipt when I checked out.

They do have a shuttle to the airport and city place which is nice. But I feel that if you stay ANYWHERE in florida, it is helpful to rent a car to get around as the mass transportation options here are atrocious. I believe I saw 1 or 2 buses the entire time I was here. Parking was included which was great too.

I do have to say that this place is more for business travelers than for leisure. They lack a warm and cozy environment I look for in staying at a hotel on holiday. But they did provide everything you needed.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple