“Table 427 is a delicious destination”
Review of Table 427

Table 427
Reserve with OpenTable
Table 427 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Explore Our Seasonal & Farm Fresh Continental Cuisine Right in the Heart of Historic Northwood Village. Table 427 Takes Pride in Providing "The Best of All Seven Continents" by Expertly Connecting Flavor and Simplicity Through High-Quality Ingredients and Innovative Ideas in Its Always-Changing Seasonal Menus. Our continental delights are executed by chef-owner Roberto Villegas-Bravo. The menu rotates frequently to capture the best seasonal offerings. Exclusive wine selection, available by the glass or bottle, and creative cocktails.
Reviewed 3 September 2016

I have been hearing about this little restaurant tucked inside the Northwood Foodie district for a while. Wednesday I finally got my chance to try it out and boy am I glad I did.
My first impressions were of a small, intimate place that invited me in and the warm welcome by the hostess and Co-owner and wife of the chef, Maria Villegas. I felt like she was inviting us into her home. She was so happy to see new diners and that we were referred to them by friends. She said most of their business comes via word of mouth. She gave us our menus and water and left us to peruse the menu. A few moments later, she returned with home-made, super crispy taro chips and a cilantro, garlic, olive oil. I could have eaten that all night long.

We started the meal with 2 appetizers. The first was the blue crab tostada. This is not any tostada you've eaten at Chili's. It was like a pretty treasure. The top was a crispy corn tostada with a profusion of jalapeno mayonnaise drops and a smattering of the spicy peppers. Underneath was a pile of crabmeat, lightly tossed with cilantro, relish and a touch of mayo. Maria recommended we make sure to get all the components together for a perfect bite and it was. I got the full flavor of the crab meat, a hit of cilantro, followed by a nice warmth from the mayo.
The second appetizer was awesome too. It was a watermelon, tuna ceviche. Now, I am not a fan of watermelon. It's a texture thing, too grainy. I was a bit skeptical I would like this. I was happily surprised! The watermelon and tuna were diced so uniformly I couldn't tell which was which. It was a festival of flavor, texture and lightness. The watermelon and red onion were crisp counterpoints to the meaty tuna and creamy avocado. My friend and I agreed we could eat appetizers and taro chips for the whole meal. Then again, we were too tempted by the entree's to stay on apps.

My friend ordered Lamb a la Barbacoa. The lamb was slow cooked and shredded. A pile of shredded lamb was topped with a tomatillo sauce. She wrapped it in a home-made soft tortilla and said it was heaven. I had to agree after my bite.
I had the Pipian Style Duck. The pumpkin sauce was delicious! It was sweet and slighty bitter which cut the richness of the duck beautifully. I ran every bite through the sauce. Now, if there was anything underwhelming to me it was the yellow rice served as the side dish. I didn't like the cilantro in the rice. I don't think this an issue with Table 427 per se' because other restaurants have done this and I didn't like it then either.

My friend had the white sangria with her meal and enjoyed it. I had the Grand Cru sauvingon blanc and it was great, well chilled and a generous pour. Everything was done with a considerate and generous hand. Chef Villegas checked on us several times and a couple times were while he was working in the open kitchen. Again, it felt like I was in their home. I love that.

We finished the meal with a shared flan. I know, nothing special about flan really. Not so at Table 427. The caramel was on the bitter side which we both wondered about but then Maria said try the whole bite which included a crumbled queso fresco topping. The salty queso rendered the caramel sweet without being overly so. This may sound strange but the queso lightened the dessert up. It was a fresh, salty, slight sharp note that just worked perfectly.

When we left, Maria and Chef Roberto were at the door to thank us for coming and invited us to return. Who does that anymore? They do! We are definitely going to take them up on the offer.

Two notes: This is an upscale dining restaurant. The prices are great but plan on $70+ per person with drinks and tip. The other thing is time. There is no rush here. Everything is made to order and there is some lull between courses. It is not a huge time frame but plan on spending 90 mins + for the entire meal. Like all great dining this is an experience not just food so slow down and enjoy!
Thanks Maria and Chef Roberto!

2  Thank Mary B

Dear Mary,
Thanks so much for your kind words and for taking the time to write this incredible review. It is so awesome with share it with our friends in our Facebook and Twitter page! Many blessings and looking forward to seeing you again soon at Table 427- Chef Roberto and Maria

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Fabulous dinner and amazing flavors! Live acoustic guitar/flamingo type music. Very romantic!
Brilliant take on food flavors and styles.

Dear Lance,
Thanks so much for your kind words and for taking the time to write this review. Sorry for the late response but we were away in Mexico for a month looking for inspiration and ingredients. Many blessings and looking forward to seeing you again and your beautiful wife soon at Table 427- Chef Roberto and Maria

Reviewed 27 August 2016

Since my first visit to Table 427, I have been looking forward to not only the opportunity to return, but to have my wife join me for an evening of haute cuisine in this magically-authentic venue.

I once again opted for the chef's 5-course tasting menu while my wife selected the Blue Crab Tostada to start, and the Veggie Tacos featuring Sautéed Cactus and Summer Vegetables as her main course.

The authentic, interior Mexican cuisine infused with farm to table ingredients is truly unsurpassed. The service is friendly and attentive.

If your plans take you to West Palm Beach for the evening, do not miss your chance to enjoy Table 427.

Maria M, Owner at Table 427, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2016

Thanks so much for your kind words! Knowing that you came from Naples to celebrate your birthday with us made us nervous... but we were up to the challenge and made us very happy that you enjoyed your birthday treat. Sorry for the late response but we were away in Mexico for a month looking for inspiration and ingredients. Many blessings and looking forward to seeing you again and your beautiful wife soon at Table 427- Chef Roberto and Maria

Reviewed 27 August 2016

I have been to Table 427 many time and the food has never let me down :) Chef Roberto and his wife are so sweet and kind hearted. My husband is a bass player and has entertained the guest. Recently my nephew Jack was diagnosed with retinoblastoma, Chef Roberto and his lovely wife donated $150.00 gift certificate towards a fundraiser that we are having in September 18. Thank you so very much for your gift. The food and the atmosphere is excellent and such a fun and friendly place to relax and hang with family and friends. I recommend this little hideaway to kick your shoes off * and have a good time with family or friends and also couples too:

Dear Catie,
Thanks so much for your kind words and for taking the time to write this review. We are here to help and support our community. It is a pleasure! Sorry for the late response but we were away in Mexico for a month looking for inspiration and ingredients.Your nephew is in our prayers. Many blessings and looking forward to seeing you again at Table 427- Chef Roberto and Maria

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Grilled watermelon salad was fair. My friend's vegetarian tacos weren't. My husband's and my daily catch grouper dinners were nothing to write home about. This fun, crowded eatery should try to excel at simpler recipes.

1  Thank Kathy Z
Maria M, Owner at Table 427, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Hello Kathy! I remember you and your party. We honored your husband's expired Groupon from last year and I don't remember anybody telling me(us) you were quite disappointed with your meals. We feel very sorry the flavors of your main entrees were not appealing to your taste buds but in a more positive note, Chef Roberto is traveling to Mexico in September searching for new ingredients and spices for his upcoming fall-winter menu, scheduled to be launched in October. Maybe traditional Mexican is not for you but we can just hope you give our new fall-winter menu a new try. Maybe your evening turn out to be a wonderful one this time. Best regards, Chef Roberto and Maria- Table 427