“Poor service good food”

Torero's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 757 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Restaurant is nice. It sits in a very good plaza in village Blvd. Food was okay. Fajitas were very dry and overpriced. Not worth it and below standards compared to so many Mexican restaurants I have eaten. Molcajete was good. We liked it. Service was poor and didn’t like her attitude to the customers. She was so busy and didn’t care.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Husband and I went for lunch. We walked in and first thing we noticed was how noisy it was, that could be a good thing I suppose. The ceilings are very high and very few things on the wall to help with the noise level.
We were waited on very quickly which is always good. We were brought chips and salsa, and it was tasty. I was happy about that because if the chips and salsa are good thats usually a good indication of how the food is going to taste. We ordered some chorizo cheese dip, that was also very good.
Unfortunately the food was not as good. I ordered the lunch special of a beef taco and chicken taco with rice and beans. Very bland and the chicken taco tasted odd. I decided not to eat it.
Husband had a lunch special also, a beef taco and a chicken Chimichanga. His tasted as bland as mine did. He ate the Chimichanga and said it tasted like it was canned chicken or had been pre made and been in the fridge because parts of it were cold. Not sure if we will return.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Went to Torero's this evening for dinner. Giving it a 3 seemed harsh, but not meant to be harsh. I'd consider going back, but it was really nothing that stood out. Food tasted fine. Staff was fine. Beer was cold. The only slight comment was that I eat at the bar and it really isn't a good 'bar area'. Again, nothing bad. I wouldn't discourage you from going, but I wouldn't say to go out of your way.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Excellent authentic Mexican meals prepared quickly in a nice and clean restaurant. Excellent margherita. All at very reasonable prices with plenty of free parking.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

The spinach dip was really really good. I liked the chips and salsa. The rest of the food? So-so and nothing spectacular. I had a chicken tostada with rice and beans. The chicken tasted weird, as did the rice. The guacamole had no taste, the sour cream wasn't even flavorful. If you just want chips and cheese dip, that's about all I can recommend. And it was about $30 for 2 people for lunch, with no alcoholic beverages. Not worth the money. I had high hopes since I usually go to Lantana/Atlantis for Mexican food, oh well.