“TACO AND ENCHILADA COMBO”

Torero's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 696 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 September 2016

Pleasant atmosphere. Background Mexican music. Good combination specials. For lunch I got the special with a taco, an enchilada, red rice, and refried beans. My meat choice for the taco and enchilada was chicken. Beef or pork were also available. The food was very tasty. I couldn't stop shoveling the food into my mouth. And there was plenty of food.

My waiter had brought me salsa and chips within moments of me sitting down. Very efficient. The salsa was good. The chips were crisp albeit not warm.

At $8.95 before tax and tip, this meal was a bargain.

1  Thank Bunmaster2014

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Had the tostada and enchilada combo $10.99 well worth it. Pass fruit margarita was tasty, potent! Would def go back. Service was fast and courteous.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

Being a California native, I know good Mexican food and there are NOT a lot of choices on the East coast. However, this place is very good. So good, you better sharpen your up your Spanish when you place an order. The portions are gordo and the price is pequeño. My favorite was the Seafood Molcajete. I would have given it 5 stars but the scallops were a little on the raw side.

1  Thank av8r4u
Reviewed 28 July 2016

We love Mexican Food and finding a place in West Palm Beach with good Mexican food is a challenge. This is our first trip to this place and the food is average Mexican food but without the flavor. I recommend you bring some cumin to spice up the food. Everything was quite bland. The salsa is red WATER with green leaves floating in it with very little vegetables and very little taste. The service is terrible. We had to direct the waitress to bring silverware, water, etc several times. I asked for guacamole (deluxe on the menu) and there was not guacamole. Had to have the watiress track that down. The place was not busy and it was 3:30pm on a Saturday and we came for a late lunch. Margarittas are ok. We ate quickly and decided to go to a 4:30 movie. I asked for the check while my husband went to the restroom. I looked at the check and then quickly gave my waitress my credit card. It took forever and when she returned, the check amount had mysteriously been increased and the itemized receipt was not with the bill. She apparently did not think I really looked at the check - she did not realize that I travel all the time and know how to speed a read a restaurant invoice. I called her over and questioned the bill. She appeared shock that I caught her adding something to the bill. Turns out she added a pina colada to the bill to increase the charges. I wanted to assume she made a mistake but there was no apology - only shock that I mentioned it and had her correct the bill while I stood there. She did void out the check and fix it only while I stood there hovering as she was taking her time about it. She knew we wanted to to leave quickly. She made us late for the movie by about 20 minutes. So the punchline...food is poor for West Palm Beach and frankly not worth the trip and service is horrible and the waitress is crooked. I never write a review unless I have something good to say...just broke my record on that philosophy. So if you want to try this place, bring cumin to atleast get some spice in the food.

2  Thank Carla D
Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

I had the arroz con pollo and it was amazing. Husband had the hugest combo plate I'd ever seen and could barely finish - and he can eat!

Huge portions, good service, great value for money. We'd come back next time we're in Florida.