“"Dump"”

Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Boston, Massachusetts
“"Dump"”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Booked hotel off Expedia with price and location in mind. Hotel describes itself as a boutique, renovated charming hotel, one block from the intercoastal. None of the descriptions are valid. The lobby reminds one of UPS drop off office with a staff that is "clueless" aka "valley girls".

Room that was promised was not available so I was put into a "woodstock" type cubicle complete with bazaar colors and broken furniture. The lampshade was balanced against the wall & and a extension cord was draped over a door sill to power the air conditioner.

The floor was concrete and the tile in the bathroom was disgusting. When I turned on the shower the shower head produced a stream from the leaking pipe connection that sprayed up to the ceiling.

The only thing missing were "hookers" conducting business, or John Cleese at the front reception area, as in "Faulty Towers"

Room Tip: Unless you enjoy staying in a fifties style dump, don't even think of this place.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed 13 January 2012

If you're looking for luxury, you won't find it at Hotel Biba, but then again for a rate of $89 in season, what do you expect. The hotel is aiming for an art deco vibe and is part way there, but the rooms need some work. Then again, that would render higher rates. It's obvious that some work is underway, but the hotel has a ways to go. The floors in the room appear to be original and are in bad need of repair. The furniture needs to be replaced with more utile furniture that actually contains drawers to put your things away in. The lamp in our room has been patched with masking tape and there's no clock nor trash can in the bathroom. The mirror in the bath room is spotted and should be replaced and there are many damages in the walls and ceilings that have been painted over in bright colors and have not been properly repaired. The rooms are clean and on the verge of being adequate, so if you need an inexpensive place in a good location, hotel biba would work for you. Sushi Jo is across the street and is awesome as well as the best Cuban bakery, tulipan, is a couple blocks down.

• Stayed January 2012
Pine Brook, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Cozy small hotel in historic area. Clean hotel with very friendly front desk. Not Ritz but very good value for money if you don't care for chain hotels

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank AMr46733
uae
Reviewed 13 November 2011

There were bums sifting through the trash bins behind the parking lot late at night, it was dark and very scary for a woman traveling alone. I also had BIG ROACHES in my room, I booked 3 nights but ended up staying one. The front desk girl who said she was the GM, Nicky was rude to me when I addresses my concerns that morning when I advised that I would be staying elsewhere and then told me some crap excuse of the hotel was being renovated and thats why they had roaches! I mean really? Thats the lamest excuse I have ever heard! Now I have to be checked out for bed bugs since I am constantly itchy. Seriously though, this hotel while pretty online is trash in person, it looks like a no tell, motel if you get what I mean, and I would not be surprised if they did allow you to pay by the hour! Run far away from this place.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Mary M
Nikki D, Manager at Hotel Biba, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
Dear Prior Guest:

It is my deepest remorse that you had a less than desirable experience at our hotel. I apologize if you felt my response to your complaints was inadequate. Let me assure you that we take all our clients comments very seriously.

As you noticed we are making improvements throughout the hotel and are in the midst of updating our web site to show our clients all such changes.

I feel bad if you felt un-safe because you saw people around the trash bin. I can assure you that this is the first that anyone here (including guests) noticed such an issue. We are maintaining the grounds around the hotel and we are pleased to advise that we have not seen the activity you commented on.

The inside and the outside of the property is very well maintained. We even go as far as to periodically inspect the rooms by outside, specialized services. Be assured that the hotel is in very good condition. We have regularly scheduled pest controlled services throughout the hotel. Based on your report, we have asked them to increase their services.

I hope you give us another chance to impress you with our hotel and perhaps you will then give us a kinder review.

Best Wishes,

Management
Miami Beach, FL
Reviewed 25 September 2011

The website looks great... sexy rooms, boutique vibe. It turns out the previous owner went bankrupt - and it shows. The place looks like he skipped town in the middle of the night. From what the very nice front desk clerk told us, Hotel Biba is under new management and they are going to do extensive renovations. That's great - but for now - you'd be better off sleeping in your car. The space has potential and it will be interesting to see what the new owner does with it but they really should not be open to the public until the renovation is complete. You've been warned.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Hilton West Palm Beach
#3 of 34 in West Palm Beach
1.8 km away
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#8 of 34 in West Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
#3 of 10 in Palm Beach
1.9 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West ...
#9 of 34 in West Palm Beach

Been to Hotel Biba? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK