Hotel Biba
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Courtyard West Palm Beach Airport(West Palm Beach)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Studio 6 West Palm Beach(West Palm Beach)
View Hotel
Quality Inn(West Palm Beach)
View Hotel
West Palm Beach Marriott(West Palm Beach)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbagelsmotor innsushi josmall hotelhard boiled eggscontinental breakfasthistoric districtold floridabed was comfortabletrain tracksstayed for one nightnice poolnice breakfastwater pressureclematis streetgreat ratewest palm
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 January 2012

If you're looking for luxury, you won't find it at Hotel Biba, but then again for a rate of $89 in season, what do you expect. The hotel is aiming for an art deco vibe and is part way there, but the rooms need some work. Then again, that would render higher rates. It's obvious that some work is underway, but the hotel has a ways to go. The floors in the room appear to be original and are in bad need of repair. The furniture needs to be replaced with more utile furniture that actually contains drawers to put your things away in. The lamp in our room has been patched with masking tape and there's no clock nor trash can in the bathroom. The mirror in the bath room is spotted and should be replaced and there are many damages in the walls and ceilings that have been painted over in bright colors and have not been properly repaired. The rooms are clean and on the verge of being adequate, so if you need an inexpensive place in a good location, hotel biba would work for you. Sushi Jo is across the street and is awesome as well as the best Cuban bakery, tulipan, is a couple blocks down.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Cozy small hotel in historic area. Clean hotel with very friendly front desk. Not Ritz but very good value for money if you don't care for chain hotels

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank AMr46733
Reviewed 13 November 2011

There were bums sifting through the trash bins behind the parking lot late at night, it was dark and very scary for a woman traveling alone. I also had BIG ROACHES in my room, I booked 3 nights but ended up staying one. The front desk girl who said she was the GM, Nicky was rude to me when I addresses my concerns that morning when I advised that I would be staying elsewhere and then told me some crap excuse of the hotel was being renovated and thats why they had roaches! I mean really? Thats the lamest excuse I have ever heard! Now I have to be checked out for bed bugs since I am constantly itchy. Seriously though, this hotel while pretty online is trash in person, it looks like a no tell, motel if you get what I mean, and I would not be surprised if they did allow you to pay by the hour! Run far away from this place.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Mary M
Nikki D, Manager at Hotel Biba, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Dear Prior Guest:

It is my deepest remorse that you had a less than desirable experience at our hotel. I apologize if you felt my response to your complaints was inadequate. Let me assure you that we take all our clients comments very seriously.

As you noticed we are making improvements throughout the hotel and are in the midst of updating our web site to show our clients all such changes.

I feel bad if you felt un-safe because you saw people around the trash bin. I can assure you that this is the first that anyone here (including guests) noticed such an issue. We are maintaining the grounds around the hotel and we are pleased to advise that we have not seen the activity you commented on.

The inside and the outside of the property is very well maintained. We even go as far as to periodically inspect the rooms by outside, specialized services. Be assured that the hotel is in very good condition. We have regularly scheduled pest controlled services throughout the hotel. Based on your report, we have asked them to increase their services.

I hope you give us another chance to impress you with our hotel and perhaps you will then give us a kinder review.

Best Wishes,

Management

Reviewed 25 September 2011

The website looks great... sexy rooms, boutique vibe. It turns out the previous owner went bankrupt - and it shows. The place looks like he skipped town in the middle of the night. From what the very nice front desk clerk told us, Hotel Biba is under new management and they are going to do extensive renovations. That's great - but for now - you'd be better off sleeping in your car. The space has potential and it will be interesting to see what the new owner does with it but they really should not be open to the public until the renovation is complete. You've been warned.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Lucky0724
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I love this hotel and location is unbeatable. Staff was friendly and always made you feel welcomed.Booked on Orbitz and got a great rate.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends