“Great for Business Trip!”

Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
NJ
“Great for Business Trip!”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel in Aug 2011, for one night while interviewing at a local firm. I informed the hotel I would be arriving very late, acutally the wee hours of the morning, and wanted to make sure that my check in would be expidited so I can just go to sleep as soon as possible. I took a cab from the airport and arrived a the hotel in approx 20 minutes, the cost was @ $17.
The Hotel is an ideal location in Dowtown WPB, close to most major businesses. A short walk from hotel will bring into to City Place, where you can find just about anything you may need during your stay.
The room I reserved was a king standard room. There is a nice seating area that offers a large corner couch that doubles as a hideaway bed. There are plenty of accessible outlets for all yout "gadgets"...this tends be very important for those that travel for business. The bed was comfortable and the closet space was fine.
The only two things that I can nit pick about would be, the size of the bathroom and the annoying illuminated light switches....I like to sleep in complete darkness....and no matter how I tried to cover them.....there was always that faint blue hue in the room.

There is nice lobby area for get snacks or light lunch....

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Dave C, Manager at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
BellaPhia,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I do apologize for the lighting issue in your room and thank you very much for bringing this to my attention.

I hope you will consider us the next time you visit the Palm Beach area and I may have a solution regarding the light switch by then.

David F. Cuadra
Assistant General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Location location location!!! If you want to be able to walk to shops, restaurants and water...this is a very nice place. No running shoes required!! Seriously 10 minutes to anywhere!!

Ok hotel is a little odd. Entrance is just ....no matter where you come from...front entrance or parking entrance..........you just wonder where the 'front desk' is. Not very inviting or welcoming as most hotels are. Front staff was very frustrated with dealing with people booking in.
They cancelled my reservation when I had a reservation confirmation number but was able to get me a room. Was not happy with that! Coming from Canada and booking ahead and the front desk man can not find your reservation is stressing and just not needed when you have not idea where else to go. At this time I had this man spazing beside about his room and just wondering what am I in for??
Anyhow...turned out alright. Our room was facing the parking lot. Free internet took us about 45 mins to figure it out how to connect and we had privacy on our room and they disturbed us!!!!
One more thing.........................there is NO SAFE in the room!!! Seriously....when traveling with passports and money.....there should be a safe. No one wants to go to the front desk to use a safe box!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dave C, Manager at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
tinytina2764,

I am sorry for any inconveniences you experienced but I am glad to hear we were able to accommodate you and that you were happy overall. We will be adding safes to all of our rooms in the coming year and I hope we are able to accommodate you if you ever return to the Palm Beach area.

Our goal is to make each experience a memorable one and exceed your expectations. Thank you for your feedback.

David F. Cuadra
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Its a long way to go from Australia to West Palm Beach but with relatives in the area this hotel has always been the stay of choice for my wife and I and is the still the best and most convenient place for visitors to stay in all West Palm Beach.
As a visitor it really does take some time to realise how close you are to the airport and once you get your bearings that you can walk to the central area of WPB quite easily.
Unlike the glitzy stuff this hotel doesn't jump out and grab you as a great hotel but its ambience grows on you and after a few stays you know exactly what to expect.
The lift maybe a little slow when you are on the top floor but in this hotel really - what is the rush.
The free breakfast bar is always replenished quickly and the variety is quite satisfactory.
The new bar is a an excellent addition to a previously vacant area of the hotel and allows for some interaction with friends before heading out for dinner or whatever.
The rooms are big and comfortable - free wifi - and plenty of space to relax.
The shuttle is always an easy alternative to getting around and the front desk staff are always helpful and attentive (even though they seem to multitask all kinds of jobs responsibilities).

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DontDieWondering
Dave C, Manager at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
broadbeachboy,

We greatly appreciate your review and comments for our Hyatt Place. We have upgraded our breakfast and I am very happy that you have chosen us for your needs when visiting the Palm Beach area.

Please ask for me during your next vist.

David F Cuadra
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This was absolutely one of my best vacations. I loved the hotel, the staff were so nice and so very helpful. The shuttle took us to the beach and also to City Place and we never had to wait very long for them to pick us up.

We liked the breakfast that we had every morning. The fruit was fresh and there was a big variety to choose from.

We went to dinner at Charlie's Crab that was recommended by Ariel from the hotel and we were treated there like royalty. Loved that place.

Again all the staff we met were wonderful. We definately want to go again.

Room Tip: We were on level 3 and it was ok.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Dave C, Manager at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Gaylene,

Thank you so much for your response. Our goal is to exceed your expectations each visit and I am thilled that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff.

David F Cuadra
The Netherlands
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We stayed a Friday night in january (cool weather). The room was spacious and everything ok. We were close to the shopping center with many shops and restaurats. The Friday was a busy night with lots of people around. The hotel was clean, arking good and the free breakfast buffet eprfect with a good variation of cold and warm things. The only thing was the airco. As an European we are not used that the airco is always on in North America. The airco unit was next to the bed amd when you switch it n I cannot sleep anymore. So in the summer that could have been a problem for us.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OlgaandJan
Dave C, Manager at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
OlgaandJan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hyatt Place. Please keep in mind that your comments regarding the air conditioning are helpful to us when considering any improvements that would be beneficial to the hotel.

I hope we can continue to provide you accommodations the next time you visit the Palm Beach area.

Dave Cuadra
West Palm Beach Marriott
#14 of 34 in West Palm Beach
0.4 km away
Residence Inn West Palm Beach Downtown/CityPlace Area
Residence Inn West Palm Beach Do...
#11 of 34 in West Palm Beach
2.9 km away
Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central

Been to Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK