“Probably my worst Sonnys experience”
Review of Sonny's BBQ

Sonny's BBQ
Ranked #44 of 136 Restaurants in Wesley Chapel
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Sonny's BBQ of Wesley Chapel. Southern BBQ at its finest. Slow-smoking favorites like pulled pork, ribs, brisket since 1968.
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Sonnys is nostalgia for me, been to many locales throughout the state. Usually a very positive experience. This one was probably the least appealing. Place didn't seem clean, service was shaky and food was cold. If we go back, it will be takeout.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 23 July 2018

I love the AYCE Ribs and now we have a choice of dry rub as well as the sauce covered ribs. The food is always good and I think priced reasonably but if you are looking for the AYCE deals make sure they are not busy because you can have a very long wait between refills.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 30 June 2018

We stopped by this location on our way to visit my parent and we really like the sliced pork. We order the 3 way pork and it is really good. It is a really good price. We like the bake beans & fries & corn nuggets. We like to go to Sonny's in Brandon once a month. It is a good place to eat.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Without a doubt...the worst BBQ I have ever had....$hit on a plate.....A McRib is better than anything this dump serves...

Date of visit: May 2018
SonnysBBQ, Guest Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hi there. We aim to serve up the best BBQ in town, and we're disappointed to hear we let you down. Your feedback is important to us, and we'd like to learn more about your experience(s). Please send us an email to social@sonnysbbq.com, reference this review, and a member of our team will be in touch.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I have never had a bad meal here. The BBQ is always delicious. I also like their green beans and corn bread. At times the service is better than others but we still like going here when craving some BBQ close to home. Meals size is hearty, I always have leftovers to take home.