“3 Star Hotel with 4 Star Amenities”

The Caribbean Court Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Reviewed 1 January 2012

This is a tough review to write. Having never been to Vero Beach, I booked Caribbean Court based on the reviews here and their website. My initial reaction was disappointment. The Caribbean Court is more like an inn than a boutique hotel. The furniture seemed more worn than antique, a blue cotton blanket had blotches of what looked like bleach stains, and I was hit with a very sweet scent that I felt must be masking something. The Mexican tile floors looked salvaged, there was a ding on the mini-fridge, and even the beautiful ceramic sink was chipped.

We were on the first floor (room 111) and had a tiny balcony that wasn't very comfortable for two (a combination of the plants surrounding it and the way the door opens onto it). We were told that the room keys didn't work for the door to the balcony, so if we used it to go to the pool or sit outside, we would have to either leave the door open or walk around to the front door to get back into our room. Hmm...My husband told me to give the place a chance; he liked it.

We drove up to the more happening section of town for a late lunch, picked up breakfast and snack stuff from a food store up there, came back and made ourselves at home. That's when I noticed the small things. For one, the sweet scent went away (maybe it was their cleaning products or maybe I just got use to it). For another, they have high quality glassware and dishes. They provide Starbucks coffee, nice toiletries, robes, and the bed and linens are on par with your better hotels. The property is lush with tropical plants, and the pool was quiet. The setting was very pretty at night with the tree lights on. Also, housekeeping kept the room tidy and clean.

There is a long path across the street that provides beach access (no beach views from the hotel that I could see), and on one of the days there, we walked the beach into town...maybe about a mile. There are three high end restaurants within walking distance to the hotel, and a pizza place, but mostly it's residential. All in all, I think I would have preferred staying farther north where the shops and beach bars/restaurants were. The good thing is that, in an effort to cut back on driving, we sampled all three restaurants nearby and had fun doing so...but that would be a whole other review.

The clincher was that I had booked the hotel in October for $149 a night, but when my husband checked out, he was given a rate of $169 a night. Fortunately, I had a print out of my confirmation, and our check-out clerk said that rates had recently gone up and the computer must have increased ours by mistake. Honestly, I would not have been happy paying an extra $20 a night for the room we had...not sure it was even worth $149/night!

All in all, this was a tough review to write because, although I found the stay comfortable, I don't think that it lived up to the reviews posted here or their website's description. The second best hotel in Vero Beach??? I doubt that I'd go back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank SouthJerseyTravelbug
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here in September 2011 when we were in town for a wedding. Other out of town friends stayed in other local hotels which were more expensive and not as nice! We found this hotel on tripadvisor.com and decided to stay here after reading all of the positive reviews. We greatly enjoyed the uniqueness of this hotel...the rooms are even more beautiful than the photos and were very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and even walked us to our room upon check in. We did not dine on site, but we did stop by the bar for a cocktail and enjoyed the atmosphere and convenience of the onsite bar. There is also beach access only a short walk from the hotel. We were not there long enough to use the beach or the pool, but the accessibility seemed great. We would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Vero Beach area.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Edyta Z, Public Relations Manager at The Caribbean Court Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay. We try our best to make every guests experience one they will remember. Our small hotel allows for personalized service. Hope you will be joining us again soon.

Reviewed 20 December 2011

Lovely, lovely restaurant. The ambiance is exquisite, the food superb and the staff pays just enough atttention without being fussy. The atmosphere while dining was serene and peaceful and left one wanting to stay forever. If you only get to one restaurant in Vero Beach make certain it is this one. It will not disappoint. Perfect for an anniversary, birthday or just every day. Well worth the pleasant ride from Melbourne Beach. I'm hooked.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Edyta Z, Public Relations Manager at The Caribbean Court Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2017

Thank you for staying with us at The Caribbean Court Resort and this wonderful 5 star review. Having you at the our hotel was an absolute pleasure.
We hope to see you again soon!

Public Relations Manager

Reviewed 13 December 2011

We stayed here in February 2011, loved the room. We had a pool view. Super comfy bed.
I live in Vero Beach, so this was just a little getaway weekend.
It feels very secluded, and has that typical florida beach hotel feel. Very relaxing, calming.
I love the whole environment around the Caribbean Court hotel.
We also recently visited Havana Nights in the hotel - which is so fun! I wish there were more bars/lounges like this in Vero!

Pros:
Very quiet. Relaxing.
Nice pool area.
Spacious rooms.
Havana Nights Piano Bar/Maison Martinique Restaurant
Complimentary Hi Speed Internet & DirecTV

Cons: Non that I can think of!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 December 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Caribbean Court from November 28 to December 3, 2011.This was our first stay here, but it most certainly will not be our last.

From the moment of our arrival until our departure, we enjoyed a first class experience. The room was large, bright and sunny, with a nice balcony, and all the amenities anyone would ever need were present. It's not a B&B, but for $12.00 you can order the continental breakfast basket, which is delicious (the food, not the basket).

The bed was comfy as could be, we had a nice sitting area plus the balcony overlooking the lush grounds, and there is wireless throughout. The wonderful Maison Martinique restaurant is also part of this complex.

It's a short drive to the oceanfront Vero Beach section, with specialty shops and fine restaurants. You can also easily access downtown via the 17th street bridge, which is 2 minutes away.

All in all, simply a great place to stay.

Mac & Lynn Carter