“Pricey with needed repairs”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The location and view are excellent. Stayed there for six days. Pre-pay was necessary to hold reservations. The problem was the sliding bathroom door that would not stay closed as it had a broken latch and the toilet seat wiggled and needed to be tightened. The problems were brought to the desk attendant at three p.m and maintenance had left for the day. The next day they did not appear and the third day a hook was put on the door and seat tightened. $117.00 was credited for the inconvenience but the cost was over 200.00 per night for the room and I expected better accomodations in the bathroom area to start and did not feel the request was fixed promptly.

Room Tip: Rooms with the beach view are the best...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
SunriseBeaches, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Thank you for your comments. We strive to provide excellent customer service and regret that we fell below your expectations as well as ours. I assure you that your comments have been forwarded and corrected going forward and welcome you back in the future.
Jennifer Bates

Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel has a wonderful location with a nice pool and a beautiful beach. As a bonus, it is attached to Mulligan's restaurant where there was live entertainment . It is a great place for a drink, an adirondack chair on the oceanfront lawn and some island sounds. The hotel rooms were small and the beds narrow. The building is I need of refurbishing. The staff was pleasant and efficient which helped make the stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This room was booked through my employer for a business trip. Upon checking in, I was asked for my credit card for any " incidentals". I knew this was probably standard. The employee said a $20 hold will be placed, but in actuality it was $36. As I walked to my room I noticed tons of trash all around the parking lot, around the cars, and some in front of the room doors. Everything else was just "ok". Nothing special. As far as location it was right around the corner from the beach. Restaurants were in walking distance, so it was perfect not having to drive around in an unfamiliar town. I wasn't there long, but in the time I was there, it was nice and relaxing. In the morning, I went to the lobby to ask if they offered breakfast, or where the nearest place was for breakfast. I waited a long time for anyone to even come out from the back and acknowledge me. So customer service wasn't that great, and no they don't offer breakfast. I may stay here again, but I don't think I would recommend it to people.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed here for 4 days and three nights and truly enjoyed the beach, this is the hotel's best quality. When we checked in we were given a room with a pool view. We were so dissapointed we walked right out, the room was old and dirty. The tub was black and they had a very old tv in the room which was also very small. We changed to the ocean view room and what a difference. These rooms are the only ones that seem to have been renovated. The view was the best part, right on the beach, you can see the water from your see through glass balcony. The hotel has a restaurant called Mulligan's beach that is very good, again with great views of the ocean. If they would renovate this hotel I would give it 5 stars. You can't beat the location.

• Stayed: April 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Pooky22,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. It is unfortunate you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Still one of the best kept secrets in Vero beach and one of my favorite stays. We came up for the weekend and staff always very friendly. Room has all the comforts and the hotel sits on the ocean! Add that to the fact that they are attached to mulligans, bar and food readily available, and we didn't need to go anywhere else. Love to walk the area and the beach. Great value as well. There are better hotels in the area but this has everything we want at a great price on the ocean

Stayed: March 2012