Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside
Comfort Suites Vero Beach(Vero Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 99
Prestige Hotel Vero Beach(Vero Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 110
US$ 93
US$ 84
US$ 143
Hampton.com
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Vero Beach(Vero Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 143
US$ 122
US$ 188
US$ 268
US$ 170
Driftwood Resort(Vero Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 144
Hotels.com
South Beach Place(Vero Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 150
  • Pool
All reviewsmulligans restaurantroom was cleanocean sideocean grillfront desk staffoceanfront roompoolside roomfirst floorsliding doorwould definitely stay here againbeachverosunrisemicrowavefloridabalconiespet
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Great location, right on the beach & walking distance to restaurants & shops. The front desk staff was excellent especially, Joe Semkow who gave us a nice poolside room,recommended places to eat, and convinced me to sign up for their Priority Club (free) - we got a goody bag & late checkout (3 extra hours at the beach) because of it. We stayed 2 nights, then renewed for 2 more nights & then added 1 more night. Our 19 year old daughter (on spring break from Colorado) was very happy with it also & chose to stay right there instead of staying in Orlando on the additional nights.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

I would rate this in the bottom three hotels I've ever stayed at.
Check in was slow and the staff although friendly were unhelpful.
When we went to the room it was damp, musty smelling, stained carpet, but just barely clean. We were on the inner courtyard, second floor, in the corner near the elevators. There was a hall flourescent light that shone into our room 24 hours a day and it was noisy. Not condusive to sleeping. When I went to the front desk to complain and ask for another room, I was told flatly that their were no other rooms available. The staff, I could tell, didn't care. I had been driving for 32 hours so I had to sleep and too tired to look for another hotel.

We went to dinner in the restaurant in the building, reasonable decor, my food was ok. My girlfriend only ate part of her dinner, said it didn't taste right and left the rest. By 8:00 p.m. she was vomiting and was sick for that night and all the next day. It was the food at the restaurant.

The bed was lumpy and musty smelling. The A/C system was noisy and stunk.(It helped drown out the noise from the outside hall) When I went to the front desk to ask for an extra blanket so I could put it over the window to block the light of the hall flourescent light, I was told their were none. I took the blanket off the bed, hung it over the curtain rod and spent a miserable night. We left next day as soon as my girlfriend was well enough to drive, about 7:30 a.m. I should have slept in my car. It would have been way better.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iantc
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2012

Dear iantc,

Thank your for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message with detailed information. I look forward to hearing back
from you very soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

I agree this is a mixed bag experience. Service was poor and not very friendly. Restaurant is expensive and trendy as opposed to family friendly. Pool area was fine. Beach access was wonderful! I reserved through a third party service and ended up in a reasonably priced room on North side. I was treated accordingly. My door opened to the parking lot! Quite unexpected for a Holiday Inn. There are inside, poolside and ocean side rooms also. My room was not clean it only appeared clean. Just dont look in the corners or behind anything because the cleaning is superficial. I guess a perfect room on this same beach would cost 250 a day plus so all and all I did get a good value for my money. I had a wonderful time at the beach and in the area.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

There are nicer and cleaner Holiday Inns, but you can not beat the location. It is on Vero Beach and walking distance to everything in the barrier island's village. There is a restaurant attached that is a popular, if noisy, spot, which has adirondack chairs and umbrella's with ocean views. Check in staff was not particularly friendly or helpful. He forgot to put the parking stub in with our keys, so we were almost towed. Others on staff tried harder to please. Room was adequate, but a little musty (it's near the ocean, so that's no surprise). Even though we were right off the pool, it remained fairly quiet. It was during Spring Break, so we expected more noise. Mostly families, rather than college students. The room we had had a king bed that was like sleeping on a wooden floor, though, so be prepared.
It's expensive for a Holiday Inn, but they have a prime spot.

1  Thank Leighdee30
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear Leighdee30,

Thank you for your review and for your stay. I am sorry that we fell below your expectations. We are hospitality professionals and strive to be the best. Your comments will be looked into. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, Please do not hesitate to let us know.

Case Manager

Reviewed 19 March 2012

If you don't want to read this whole review, I will summarize: this is a run down dirty hotel and you have better options in vero for about the same price or less.

Check in was the first bad sign. Took way to long, not so friendly staff. It's the HOSPITALITY industry,this place has forgotten that.

On the way to the room you are faced with ridiculously run down hallways. Worse than a housing project.

The rooms are ok. Nothing special. But not very clean. Outlets are rusty and dirty. Corners of bathrooms are dirty. The rug was dirty. did I mention I paid $200 plus for this?

And they want a $20 towel deposit. Like a youth hostel. I returned my towels. They had no record fo that (but did not charge me).

Finally, and this might be nitpicking, but if you read the small print when you check in, it's says that you get a USA Today at your door unless you check o, in which case you will be credited 75 cents. In other words, you were about to get charged for a newspaper you never asked for---and probably wouldnt notice they charged you for.

Ok positives: the location is perfect, right on the beach and in walking distance to everything. And the pool area was surprisingly nice, and on the beach as well so you could walkmback and forth.

This is not a great family place. It's more for prom night, or spring breakers, or people for whom cleanliness is not a priority.

Room Tip: North side is quieter. South side is closer to bar.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear cbspuches,

Thank you for the feedback. We strive to make sure every guest has a wonderful experience here and greatly appreciate the feedback if they don't. I sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered.

Case Manager