“Lunch at Ocean Grill”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

I ordered the Grouper Sandwich which came with french fries. I ordered my grouper grilled. The sandwich was excellent with ultra fresh grouper! The tartar sauce was fresh made and the bun was an artisan made and fresh! Other toppings came with my sandwich which included a pickle, tomato, and lettuce.

My wife got a Mahi-mahi sandwich which came with a bernaise sauce. She also got the fries! I tasted her sandwich and it was very good!

We have been to the Ocean Grill many times and I must say they are consistently great! If you like fresh fish go to the Ocean Grill. The lunch items are a good value if you wanted to try the Ocean Grill for the first time! We will be back!

Reviewed 13 January 2018

My wife and I had superb dinners here the first time. Single crab cake dinner for me and a special tenderloin tip/lobster tail kabob for her. Both excellent and the steak tips were the most tender either of us had ever had. Based on that experience we went back several nights later and both ordered the 6 oz filets. Both steaks were cooked as requested but were not even close to the quality of those tips in the special the first visit. Rather dry, not especially tender, and lacking in flavor. Service was fine but the noise level in the place is unpleasant. Interesting decor. Desert choices are numerous and very nice.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

This oceanfront restaurant is located in an area of shops and a couple of restaurants in Vero Beach, FL. They specialize in fish entrees (of course) but have other options on the menu including some pastas and even a burger platter. The food quality is excellent, as is the service – two members of my family said that their fish was some of the best that they have ever had. Portions are moderate, but by the time that you have crackers, bread, and two sides (most entrees come with two sides), there is plenty of food. The atmosphere is offbeat-quaint with a moderately upscale (although not stuffy or exclusive) feel: The restaurant is divided into multiple rooms with tables and booths of various shapes and sizes and very interesting, eclectic décor (including an enormous amount of holiday lights when we were there). Prices reflect the upscale feel, with most entrees ranging from the mid $20 to mid $30 range and up. The view from the restaurant is outstanding – as you would expect being oceanfront. They have a deck area outside that allows for great ocean views and pictures. The restaurant seems to be very popular (they even have their own gift shop), so expect a wait at peak times. Reservations are available, but only for parties of five or more. Over all, this restaurant is a great option for excellent food, in an interesting, moderately upscale atmosphere with oceanfront views from some of the seating areas.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

Had a reservation for a large group of about 15 for a family dinner. Short waiting time (had a reservation) and we were seated at a great large round table. Our group tried a variety of seafood selections and most were good. A little overuse of Bearnaise sauce on some of the fish selections, but still tasty.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

OK, OK, I know it's a seafood restaurant but I had the program and it was the best most tender I think I've ever had. Not a lot of extra flavor very very tender and very generous portion