“Thank you TripAdvisor for guiding us to this restaurant!”
Review of Riverside Cafe

Riverside Cafe
Ranked #11 of 328 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: View, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Great food with a great view, happy hour . Great local spot and if you are on vacation you will feel right at home!
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We had a mid-afternoon 'lunch' here the weekend of Tropical Storm Debby. We ate outside, under the covered deck, even with light rain. We had a view of the river, of fishermen on the pier nearby, and of the TV near our table. We had the fish sandwich, blackened, which was great, our 'chicken nugget'-eater had chicken tenders which were wonderful pieces of chicken, battered and tasty, and our daughter had the quesadillas which were wonderful, too. The server was attentive and helpful-no complaints. The inside was rustic, weathered-type wood with tables and big bar. Many more people were eating inside, but we enjoyed the outdoors. We were touring the area and had no idea where to eat and used TripAdvisor and was glad to have found this hidden gem for an afternoon family lunch.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

We went here two nights in a row. The first night due to Tripadviser reviews. The second night because we enjoyed the first night. Lively place, three choices for dining (open air porch, covered AC porch and dining area. Rustic, but really fun. Plenty of TVs showing sports in the covered porch area. Reminds you a lot of Key West. Kids and adults enjoyed our meals. From burgers to chicken sandwiches. We will go back without hesitation. Great views of the Vero Beach inlet and bridge. Staff was very pleasant and good food. Thanks

2  Thank bluefinz1
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We really enjoy eating at Riverside Cafe and sometimes go just for happy hour. The atmosphere is great with music and friendly wait staff. You can sit outside, on the deck in the open air or inside...still with a great view etc. OR you can sit WAY inside where there's air conditioning where it's more quiet and laid back. You pick. Outside on the deck is my favorite place to be but last night we had to eat in the bar area which had a bazillion fans going so it wasn't hot...in fact, it was a bit on the cool side inside. Tropical Storm Debby has been here for a couple of days and sitting outside, we would have gotten wet. The food is excellent...I've tried something different every time I've been which is not like me...usually I find something I like and stick to that but when I go, I see what's on other people's plates and it looks so good, I want to try it! You can't go wrong with Riverside. We moved to Vero Beach 2 months ago and with all of the various places to go to eat, we've been to the Riverside Cafe probably 5 times already.

Reviewed 9 June 2012 via mobile

Crab cakes were terrific, as was the steak sandwich. Onion straws were a nice change for a side. Try the honey balsamic dressing. Even though it was raining, eating on the covered deck overlooking the intracoastal waterway was fun.

The bar was very busy and loud on Friday night, but the noise level was better outside. A little tricky to find the entrance! Would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 9 June 2012 via mobile

A little pricey but beautiful place to dine. My wife and I have seen dolphins while eating and u can see a pier under a bridge that can be entertaining to watching people fishing. Great food.