1,347 results
All reviews dvc members mini golf character breakfast cabin room cast members pirate ship disney vacation club disney world welcome home main building disney quality camp fire hilton head kids activities love disney deluxe studio green room
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Another great stay at the Disney's Vero Beach Resort is over. What a great place! A place to find serenity and more, after you hit the Parks at WDW. Love the beach and the walking you can do. Also the other trails around the Hotel. Ambiance is fantastic and you will love the stunning sunrise each morning. If possible, always book ocean view, it is worth every cent! Like the possibility to eat at the hotel or to go out. There is plenty to do, just ask google ar the Concierge. Everybody at the Desk is VERY helpful, whatever you are looking for. Also, Cape Canaveral is not far away! My son loves especially the pool and the games ;-) and of course also the beach. There is so much for everybody. And then, the people working there - oh how thankful I am for this amazing work they are doing. Thank you for that outstanding service! We will sure come back over and over :-)

Room tip: ocean view!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sabine M
WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Vero Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Sabine, I was so glad to have the opportunity to read your review. Disney’s Vero Beach Resort is a fantastic place if you are looking for a completely relaxing vacation. This Resort offers something for everyone, whether you enjoy being on the beach, staying active with their various actives, or enjoying the tranquility of the spa. I am so excited you took advantage of this paradise to help unwind after your adventures at the Walt Disney World Resort. We pride ourselves on providing outstanding service, and I’m delighted and all your needs were attended to by our World Class Cast Members.

Thank you for taking time from your day to write this wonderful review about your stay. We always love hearing from our Guests and can’t wait to welcome you back again soon.

Jessie

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Spent 8 days at Disney Vero Beach and overall was very pleased with the experience, but I encourage you to research as this location may not be for everyone. Hopefully my review will help you to decide. First of all, let’s talk about location. The resort is located on Highway A1A which runs right next to the ocean but it’s in an area where high end condos in gated communities block much of the view. It’s about 7 miles north of Route 60 in Vero where you will find much of the Vero beachfront restaurant scene. So picture a very rural feeling 7 mile stretch if road to get to Disney from Vero. There is a gas station and pizza shop within walking distance from the resort, otherwise you will need a car to get anywhere. This resort is somewhat secluded. That being said, it’s a smaller sized resort by Disney standards with one full restaurant and two bars that do serve a very limited appetizer type menu. There is a small “market” that has sandwiches and snacks. The restaurant on site is very good, but you may experience waits depending on staffing and demand. So a key thing to realize here is that you will need to plan on going off site and driving 5-7 miles to get to restaurants and signs of civilization unless you cook in your room (most have full, well equipped kitchens) or you roll the dice with the onsite but limited dining options. Next, let’s talk about the beach. It’s really small. You have about 15 -20 yards from the ramp to the water and it’s a natural (as compared to groomed) beach. So if your used to say Clearwater beach with about 50 yards of pristine white sand beach, expect to have lots of seaweed and more if a brown sand. The whole Vero area has very limited beach front. For that reason, we opted for the pool which is very nice, kid friendly and conveniently located within the resort. One tip in the pool, the depth painted on the wall of the pool runs from 3 feet to 3 feet 9 inches so I was a little disappointed on day one but learned on day two that it actually goes to almost 5 foot deep in the middle of the pool which helped my 6’4 body. The staff is great as you would expect at Disney and they do try to offer a lot of different activities but it is somewhat limited if you are there with a family and looking for things to do. The rooms are recently refurbished and I would rate them several notches above Saratoga Springs where we regularly stay. The facility itself is outstanding and well maintained. They have full cottage houses which are really nice especially for larger families or groups. We lived in this area for several years so having local knowledge was very helpful. Disney does provide a list of offsite restaurants for you to consider. One last thing is understanding the local demographics as they are very different depending on which direction you go when wandering out of the resort. To you left about 7 miles is Vero with some very wealthy folks and restaurants where you can expect to pay $30 + for an entree (The Tides, Ocean Grill and Bobby’s for example). Here you will see lots of Bentley’s and Benzes and maybe some famous people like Gloria Estefan who owns a hotel and restaurant there. To your right and over the bridge to US1 is Wabasso and Sebastian you will find more blue collar folks with pickups and lots of tiki bar, diner type places such as Captain Hiram’s. Folks are generally very friendly in both places but you will definitely run into crowds and waits during snowbird season. So in conclusion, do your homework, plan on doing some driving offsite, know what to expect at the beach, recognize the demographics if the area and anticipate a great facility.

Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank pine1144
WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Vero Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Thanks for sharing lots of great information for all of our prospective Guests! It’s great to have some inside knowledge about not only Disney’s Vero Beach Resort, but the area surrounding too. I honestly don’t think there is much more I can say that you haven’t said already. I think my favorite part of staying at Disney’s Vero Beach Resort is the atmosphere. It’s all the fun in the sun and sand with that extra Disney magic, just without all the busyness in the Parks! I also really love watching the sea turtles, it is definitely a must see event!

I’m so glad shared so much love for this Resort and we can’t wait to welcome you home again soon.

Brittany

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

This is Disney hidden gem there are no parks but the beach and environment is wonderful and so relaxing. The site is mainly DVC members so has a really good feel not sure why Disney don’t shout about it

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

As DVC members we love going to this resort because we love the area. This is our second time in an ocean front inn room. We were lucky our room was ready when we got there and they accommodated us with a covered balcony; however, during our entire stay the room was extremely musty smelling. We noticed it day one and they came up and sprayed, but honestly it did nothing. We were told when we checked in that the place was booked, so we assumed that there were no other options, so we stuck it out and bought some air freshener. It was still there during our whole stay. We were in the room just for sleeping for a four day weekend; however, next time we will check out the room first for musty smells before we get settled.

The shared spaces of the resort could use some refreshing too, but okay. The staff were all very nice and efficient.

Noseeums are killer, but there are warnings everywhere. Bring bug spray and wear it especially at night. I didn’t and paid the painful price. (No reflection on Disney)

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Vero Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

On behalf of our Disney Vacation Club family, thank you for being valued Members and also for taking time to share a review of your vacation with us.

I am very sorry to read that your room did not provide all of the relaxation that we hope for our Members and can assure you that your feedback has been shared with our Housekeeping Leadership. It is through the comments of each and every visitor that we are best able to enhance our services and offerings.

I am delighted that our Cast Members were the epitome of Disney service with charm and grace.

‘Til your next vacation wave rolls in, thank you for visiting with us and we cannot wait to welcome you home once again.

Janet

Reviewed 30 September 2018

My wife and I go all the time (twice a year) and first went in 2001. It has changed a bit in that time. Lets start with the rooms. About two years ago they were all redone, and they really needed it. I think Disney waited a few years too long to do this. But they are nice now. One thing I hate is the A/C. It has motion sensors so it turns off when there is no movement. So return after a day out and the room is warm. And at night it might not come on. Nothing like waving your arms around at night to try to make it turn on. Just call maintenance and have them override the motion sensor. Next, the pool area. Pool is great, lifeguards are awesome. Not crowded unless you pick a holiday. And plenty of activities if you have kids. But prices are high. Want a beer? expect to pay $8 or $9 dollars. Same with food. I think that is really high. But I will get back to the food. For the beach, it is nice, but it is not big and is fairly steep. If you don't hit low tide, it can be hard to walk. And seaweed can be an issue. We still enjoy sitting on the beach, but just know it is not a big flat beach. Finally food. High priced and the resort restaurant is fair. The Green Cabin room has great views, but pay the high prices. And they have decimated the food choices at the Green Cabin room. You really cant eat there now. So what to do? Go down to the Publix and buy groceries. You can take a cooler to the pool or beach. Buy a six pack of beer for the price of one at Disney. Get some pizza and bring it back. We buy virtually no food or drink from Disney, you will save a ton. Overall we really like this place, we just work around the high prices and some of the other irksome things. But I have to say the staff is excellent and always willing to help.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank James B
WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Vero Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Thanks for sending us your thoughts on Disney’s Vero Beach Resort! Despite a few issues and concerns, it sounds like it’s really become your home away from home. You know what works for you at this Resort and enjoy it the way you want to. Though I’m sorry about the air conditioning and dining options, it still seems like this Resort stands out as a favorite for you. Excellent Guest service and friendly Cast Members are clearly a highlight from this review, and I’m so glad this relaxing escape is your preferred vacation spot. We “shore” can’t wait to see you again real soon!

Kaitlyn