“Third time not a charm”

Off The Wagon Brewery & Kitchen
Ranked #18 of 261 Restaurants in Venice
Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

First two visits were a success, very good food and good service.

Ate on November 7th really disappointing. Waited 15 minutes to order food which took 45 minutes to arrive, 2 of 4 dinners were cold, waitress disappeared, asked another server to find her, no result. She apparently lost interest when we didn’t order second round of drinks. Table next to us were seated after we placed our food order their food arrived 15 minutes before ours. Restaurant was very full kitchen and wait staff were in over their heads.

Live music in adjoining large bar/billiards room now being pumped into dining room through speakers making table conversation nearly impossible, strange decision in a city full of seniors many of whom have hearing issues, owners obviously believe their customer base is not folks like us.

Used to recommend this eatery to many friends, can’t see continuing to do so, long wait, cold food, overly noisy dining room but they’ll probably continue to do fine with current demographics.

1  Thank PLMESQ
tommyv984, Owner at Off The Wagon Brewery & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2018

Thank you for being a repeat customer. I wanted to take the time to personally apologize for your experience last night. I tried to get around to every table to check on customers but it was incredibly difficult with how busy we were last night.

Ticket times did get a little long last night as it was the busiest night we have had since last season. We will make the adjustments with staff to be better prepared moving forward for the rest of the year.

We have always been a live music venue as our entertainment is one of the things that sets us apart from most places in SWFL.

I would love the chance to earn your business back as it seems you have had multiple great experiences in the past. Mistakes do happen and we are human and I hope that I have the chance to make it right for you.

You can reach me via email at otwvenice@gmail.com

Tommy Villani
Managing Partner

Reviewed 7 November 2018

This place is the surprise of Venice. Loved the beer and the food. Service was good too. You will not go wrong here.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

More of a open area and bar feel not restaurant feel to this place. Service was good and fast. We ordered the special burger and special sandwich of the day. They were both good. Definitely a greasy bar burger. I wouldn’t go again but satisfied with the meal.

Date of visit: November 2018
tommyv984, Owner at Off The Wagon Brewery & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

We appreciate your review! Our environment is definitely not for everyone but I am glad that the food and service were great!

Maybe come check out some of the nightly entertainment we have and enjoy it with done amazing food prepared by our Culinary Institue of America graduate Chef Mike Leopold! I hope you will give us another shot! Cheers!

Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

Haven eaten here over 10 times I am convinced this is one of my all time favorite restaurants. Food is always on point and the servers are very helpful and extremely knowledgeable about not only their diverse menus but their in house brewed beers. This visit I had the pork belly ramen and can’t wait to go back.

Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

This restaurant will grill the fish which is incredible blackened. Home made French fries not those coated icky fries you get at most area restaurants. Great selection of brewed on sight beers. Good service, tons of TV’s, great local spot!!!

Date of visit: October 2018