“Clean rooms, friendly, accomodating staff”

Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Venice
Rockford, Illinois
“Clean rooms, friendly, accomodating staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

Arrived a day early, tired, cranky and not in the best of moods considering a hotel my husband and I visited prior to our arrival at Hampton Inn and Suites was not the best. This experience was great. The staff was helpful in getting us a room at the same rate as the remainder of our stay.
The rooms are clean, quiet, the breakfast good and the pool is a nice retreat for tired travelers. There are good restaurants nearby for dinner and downtown is a short drive.
I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Patricia C, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
This was a review that truly made me happy to read. During this time of year when we are sold out most nights, I am so glad that we were able to accommodate your early arrival and that you were well taken care of by our staff. It sounds like you had a nice relaxing visit. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Venice.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Korean first
STAFFORDSHIRE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

Stayed here 2 March, had booked the room prior to our stay, wanted to stay at the Inn at the Beach but it was full. It was convenient for the closeness to the 41 and easy to find, not too far a trip to Venice shops and beautiful beach. Checked in early as soon as we arrived, nice helpful lady on desk. The room inlcuded a lounge area and small kitchen, also 2 beds with view of the pool. The only problem was that this room smelt terribly of smoke, although we had asked for a non-smoker. I think it must have previously been a smoking room previously, the problem is you can never remove the smell unless everything is rigorously cleaned. I spoke with the housemaid and she gave it all a good spray with Fabreze which made it a little better. Breakfast was excellent, all the usual items one would expect and we ate around the pool area. All in all not too bad a stay, although disappointed with the smell, but I think I would look for an alternative hotel next time.

Room Tip: Stay at the Inn at the Beach Hotel, 725 West venice Avenue.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay with us. I'm glad that the one bedroom suite was well suited for your needs and that you felt the breakfast was excellent. I am very sorry if there was a smoke smell in your suite. It is so frustrating when someone smokes in a non-smoking room, which is what you were in. It really takes a lot of work and is so inconsiderate to furture guests. I certainly hope that you will come and stay with us again when you are in Venice, we are so perfectly located to all of the attractions and if you give me a quick call, I will personally make sure you have a beautiful smoke free suite.
Santa Clara, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

We checked in very late--around 1230am, and were just glad to have a room, however it was close to the elevator and we heard the noise from our room. We would have asked to move but it was too late at night. The next day we were at a funeral all day and just were not able to move rooms. The bathroom is very tiny, and does need to be updated. We just thought for the high season rate the room could have been more---we have stayed at much nicer hotels in San Francisco for the same rate as what we paid at the Hampton. The breakfast is the usual breakfast that you get at a suite hotel.

Learn from us--ask when you check in to get a room away from the elevator.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

This was a decent, quiet hotel and we had chosen to stay at Hampton Inns based on previous experience. I think it dawned on us this time that Hampton is a franchise outfit because, despite the familiar touches (laptop tray on bed nearest window, utterly revolting Wolfgang Puck coffee, nice bed linen), other things were quite different. A particular disappointment here was the poor level of the decorative condition of the bathroom, a bit tired and rough round the edges.
The room, however, was quiet with a pleasant view over water and our request for a top floor room was honoured.
We were only here one night and it makes a useful stopover on the 41 near a pleasant small town.
Good price, tiredish room. You could do worse...

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the water are nice
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SimonPaul
Patricia C, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts. I am sorry that you felt our bathrooms were a bit dated. Fortunately you had a beautiful water view as a nice distraction. We appreciate you choosing our hotel during your stay in our beautiful city of Venice.
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Is there a time when you just want a stress free experience. Well, this is it. The Hampton Inn is not on the beach or next to a National Park. But it is the place where I find myself for a weekend each month. Check-in is always a breeze. Check-out even easier. One of the highlights is breakfast, make that "full" breakfast, that is available every morning. Carol, Tish, JC, and Sam are always a delight to work with. In fact, all of the staff are a delight. Ever have a problem? It will be fixed immediately. One time my daughter thought that her bed wasn't up to snuff - Carol took care of it and then gave my daughter a pint of icecream to boot. Hey parents, lighten up, icecream is good in moderation. Restaurants are abundant nearby, but don't expect be city places. So, I hesitate to write this review, because I always want to be sure that I have a room when I come into town.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family