“Really Good Italian Food!”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #83 of 260 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Went here with my wife and some friends and thoroughly enjoyed the total experience which was an incredible turnaround from our first visit a few years ago. Crisp salads, nicely prepared entrees, cheerful and efficient service, and an extensive wine list, served with warm fresh crusty bread and an olive oil dipping sauce. Loved the flavorful tomato based sauces for the pastas. Unfortunately they stopped serving cavatappi but the ziti pasta worked. Look forward to going here again.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

I just love bringing friends for lunch here since the food is almost always great. The host (new to me) said that our waiter would be Logan and when I asked if he was also new to the restaurant he said indeed, but that he (Logan) was becoming a favorite of many.

Wellll, he certainly was not a favorite of either of us. After taking our drink order, and then our lunch order, we waited and waited and waited. Finally I caught his eye and asked when we would be served that amazing bread with the oil and herbs dip. He said now it is no longer served UNLESS REQUESTED. Ok then, we requested it.

When it finally arrived, he gave us a small plate with some herbs and that was it. I asked him if I had to pour the oil and apparently that was the new rule. Maybe I have been spoiled here in the past, but servers always prepared this for me.

I distinctly asked for my Caesar Salad to go - WITHOUT CROUTONS ! Yep, you guessed it, full of croutons. Oh well, I know I can just remove them, but what a waste of food.

My friend Marila and I both wanted that delicious soup SAUSAGE AND LENTIL and thank goodness, there was nothing wrong with that order. We also both ordered the ASPARAGUS WITH PROSCIUTTO and that was divine.

When it came time to pay the bill, I almost had a coronary when I saw the amount, it was more than double what it should have been. Logan retrieved it with an apology that he had given me the wrong one.

Now keep in mind this place was not busy at all, so I really do not understand all this confusion and long wait times. No, we were not happy with the service, but yes, the food was amazing!

4  Thank mamamia70
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

They list the calories which is very helpful and not intuitive for me. For example, the pizza was only 770 whereas pasta chicken was 1380 calories.

Anyway, food is consistently good with nice bread. Also, a bottle of wine.

Service was accommodating and professional.

Don’t forget your done rewards number.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

My friend however, really wanted to try that POLLO ROSA MARIA and he was quite happy with his choice.

I am still undergoing dental procedures so was limited to my choices.

Kaily was attentive with her service.

Yes, I'm sure it's not the restaurant, it was just me not feeling up to par.

4  Thank mamamia70
Reviewed 24 July 2018

We usually eat here once a week. We feel like it's our neighborhood restaurant. Everything is always good and fresh and well presented. Service is great and atmosphere is relaxing