“GLAD TO ALWAYS BRING NEW FRIENDS HERE...TONIGHT WAS OUTSTANDING!!!!”
Review of The Living Room

The Living Room
Ranked #52 of 260 Restaurants in Venice
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 September 2018

I am delighted when people tell me they have never been to this place,(or in this case, not in many years) because I am positive that they will become regular patrons after I introduce them to it.
Sure enough, my new friend Beth said she had once been here for lunch when it first opened and never after that. She absolutely LOOOOOOVED the place, the food, the service, the ambiance! and she was the first to say to me : "We're coming back here soon, aren't we?" Indeed we are!

We both ordered the special of the day: TURKEY CHILI, about the best chili you could ask for. We both like our own kind of wine, and with dinner she preferred a house salad whereas I wanted the TOMATO BASIL SOUP. Frankly, I am not a fan of this soup, but after tonight, I told my wonderful server Sue to ALWAYS make me order this soup if it's on the menu....IT WAS THAT GOOD!!!!

Of course, Beth also fell in love with that fantastic BEER CHEESE with celery and pretzels. How could you not, it's addictive, that good!!!!!

Greg Glover, owner, always makes you feel so welcome, as if you're part of the family. I got presented a lovely wine glass to commemorate their 5th anniversary next month. Can you believe it's been 5 years already????

This place is a hidden gem and with the great food, the excellent service and the reasonable prices I ABSOLUTELY AND GLADLY RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT!!!

5  Thank mamamia70

Reviewed 28 August 2018

We are regular customers at the Living Room! It is such a cozy environment,such that you think you are in your own living room! The owners are the friendliest I have ever known!The menu has a big variety of casseroles and delicious dishes to select from! We have never been disappointed with our meals! Our only problem is what to choose for dinner!!wait staff is very attentive! Call for reservations in season!!

Greg G, Owner at The Living Room, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Thanks Ann, we are taking a short vacation the 1st 2 weeks of September and will return with a few more menu choices.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

From the wait crew to the owners, there are lots of smiles and people who want YOU to be happy. And if you are there on Friday and/or Saturday there is live quiet guitar music as a gentle background experience.
The food is Italian/American Comfort food, from pastas to stuffed peppers and a smattering of beef and fishy favorites. You probably can't finish the portions, nearly everyone takes home enough leftovers for a meal the next day.
Beers and wines, and they are good quality (not like the ball park)
Post note: During the reign of a previous owner the food was fast pizza, but not anymore. Worth your time and taste buds.

Thanks so much, we hope to see you again soon. We are entering our 6th year and meet so many wonderful people each day, we are taking a short vacation the 1st 2 weeks of September and when we return we will have a few more choices on the menu.

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Great food superservice can’t wait to go back again the beef stroganoff was very very good and my wife loved her pork chops great people there thank you

Greg G, General Manager at The Living Room, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Thank you Steve, hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2018

When we arrived at 6:30 today, a Saturday night, we were the only table, which concerned us, but, the reviews were great, so we stayed. Then, we were told they had a limited menu because they were closing for vacation tomorrow. Another red flag.

I ordered the crispy chicken with macaroni and cheese and tomato basil soup and my husband ordered the special which was fettuccine Alfredo with chicken and bacon and a salad. The menu said we would also get beer cheese spread and bread.

The soup had excellent flavor, but, was thin as water. I had to use crackers to thicken it up. We had to ask for the beer cheese and bread. What we got was beer cheese with celery and pretzels. No bread.

My chicken and macaroni and cheese was flavorless. My husband was not impressed with his meal, either. I tried to eat it, but, eventually got the waitresses attention and had her replace it with the beef stroganoff. It also was very bland. I had to put a lot of salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese on it. I took most of it home. My husband did not even take his leftover home.

The service was not up to par and they were not even busy. We had to ask for everything and could never get the waitresses attention. The menu is misleading by offering bread with the beer cheese and fresh baked bread with our meal. I had to ask for bread with my meal and the waitress brought out cold rolls probably from Publix and certainly not fresh baked.

The have a nice ambience. It is a cute place. But, we spent $50 on the meal with tip and the hot dog I had for lunch had more flavor. Yes, $50 down the drain and left hungry and dissatsfied.

Greg G, Owner at The Living Room, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

It’s clear you didn’t like a thing we had to offer, and that’s ok. It’strue we prepared very little that day because we were closing for vacation and we busy at an unusually early hour for a Saturday. I apologize if the staff may have been in a somewhat vacation zone already. The menu states your meal come with soup or salad beer cheese and bread, we always serve the pretzels and celery with the beer cheese and a dinner rolls with the meal it says nothing about fresh baked bread. Thanks for giving us a try sorry we fell short.