“Great clams”

Ranked #77 of 253 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 27
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Whether you are missing home or in need of a seafood fix. Drop by this causal location that boosts of New England seafood and memorabilia. It is like dropping yourself up north to savor the flavors of the New England region. A Bit of Boston has become a favorite for New England vacationers, snow birds, transplants and locals alike. Treats like lobster rolls, sea scallops, clam cakes made with ingredients shipped in from Rhode Island are just a few. Their is hot dogs served on fresh New England style rolls and whole belly clams from none other than Ipswich. Just in case you are not in the mood for seafood, you are covered with favorites like Philly cheese-steak, meatball, Sausage & Pepper Hoagie's. There is a reason some travel as far as Ft Myers just to have a bowl of New England Clam Chowder. Stop by this local gem, you might just become a regular.
Reviewed 25 April 2016

Great fried clams, a bowl of the best lobster bisque. As good as any thing we have had in New England. A must stop when you are in town

Reviewed 25 April 2016

I fail to understand how these little hole in the wall restaurants can charge such high prices. This place did offer specials until 2pm. Food was not exceptional in any way. I don't think I would go back as there are more local restaurants that rank higher in my estimation.

Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

Excellent. We are from New England we Felt like We where in Maine, the clams, shrimp, scallops and haddock plate was just like I was sitting on the coast eating a fisherman plater. Staff was excellent and service was great! Definitely would recommend for a seafood dinner!

Reviewed 18 April 2016

We were in Venice for a matinee performance of the Venice Symphony. Had heard about this place from a friend and decided to give it a try. What a gem of a place. Not fancy looking, almost diner like but boy is the food good. If you are from New England or the Northeast this is the place for you.

My wife (who is from the south shore of Boston) had a New England Lobster Roll ($19). No filler in these rolls, just lobster meat with the right seasonings. I had the Whole Belly Calms platter ($20). These are the real things, not some clam strip or cut up whole bellies. I don't think I have ever had as tasty and fresh a dish, even in Boston.
They have weeknight all you can eat specials at $15. Monday & Wednesday it is Cod & Chips; Tuesday & Thursday Shrimp & Chips.

We did not have the chowder or lobster bisque soup this time around but you can bet we will be making this place a regular stopover

Ed F, Owner at A Bit Of Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2016

Thank you for your fabulous review.

Reviewed 18 April 2016

My husband and I being from Massachusetts, had to try this seafood restaurant. We are used to having fried clams in N.E. and found the clams and all of their seafood is very fresh and just like we get in New England. Prices are reasonable, atmosphere is nautical and charming. Service for the most part is good. Will be going back for sure