“New England seafood”

A Bit Of Boston
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 27
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Whether you are missing home or in need of a seafood fix. Drop by this causal location that boosts of New England seafood and memorabilia. It is like dropping yourself up north to savor the flavors of the New England region. A Bit of Boston has become a favorite for New England vacationers, snow birds, transplants and locals alike. Treats like lobster rolls, sea scallops, clam cakes made with ingredients shipped in from Rhode Island are just a few. Their is hot dogs served on fresh New England style rolls and whole belly clams from none other than Ipswich. Just in case you are not in the mood for seafood, you are covered with favorites like Philly cheese-steak, meatball, Sausage & Pepper Hoagie's. There is a reason some travel as far as Ft Myers just to have a bowl of New England Clam Chowder. Stop by this local gem, you might just become a regular.
Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

Excellent. We are from New England we Felt like We where in Maine, the clams, shrimp, scallops and haddock plate was just like I was sitting on the coast eating a fisherman plater. Staff was excellent and service was great! Definitely would recommend for a seafood dinner!

Reviewed 18 April 2016

We were in Venice for a matinee performance of the Venice Symphony. Had heard about this place from a friend and decided to give it a try. What a gem of a place. Not fancy looking, almost diner like but boy is the food good. If you are from New England or the Northeast this is the place for you.

My wife (who is from the south shore of Boston) had a New England Lobster Roll ($19). No filler in these rolls, just lobster meat with the right seasonings. I had the Whole Belly Calms platter ($20). These are the real things, not some clam strip or cut up whole bellies. I don't think I have ever had as tasty and fresh a dish, even in Boston.
They have weeknight all you can eat specials at $15. Monday & Wednesday it is Cod & Chips; Tuesday & Thursday Shrimp & Chips.

We did not have the chowder or lobster bisque soup this time around but you can bet we will be making this place a regular stopover

Date of visit: April 2016
Ed F, Owner at A Bit Of Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2016

Thank you for your fabulous review.

Reviewed 18 April 2016

My husband and I being from Massachusetts, had to try this seafood restaurant. We are used to having fried clams in N.E. and found the clams and all of their seafood is very fresh and just like we get in New England. Prices are reasonable, atmosphere is nautical and charming. Service for the most part is good. Will be going back for sure

Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

My sister in law is from Boston and brought me here along with some other relatives visiting from another state. She loves the full belly clams! I had the clam chowder along with the other guests and we all agreed it was the best ever! Not too thick and not too thin. Such great flavor. I ended up buying a quart to take home to share with my mom. She loved it as well and we have gone back again for more chowder and also shared a lobster roll. We mentioned we were going to share it and when they brought it out they had split it on two plates with the fries and coleslaw. It was very very good! We had the cold sandwich. Lump lobster and claws so good! I don't know why anyone would complain of the price. You surely get a whole lot of lobster meat on that roll! Will be returning again and again.

Reviewed 9 April 2016

I have been many times here for lunch & dinner.Have always had a Great experience ! Recently i was with a group of women (8+) to have dinner. One of the women who was new that i dont know made a Very embarrassing fool of herself.Taking her frustrations out on the owner & waitstaff..I guess she figured she was the only one dining and all attention on her. She should be Ashamed ! After our meal we were surprised to see our server with a complimentary cake(whole) to thank us for joining them that evening.Our server went to get our checks ready and then all hell broke loose..She got up and made her way into the kitchen and made a seen of herself..Very embarrassing !!! Id like to Thank you at Bit a Boston for handling this with kindness. See you soon :)