“Great Happy Hour and Tasty Food !”

British Open Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 260 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 14
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2018

My husband and I visited for dinner with friends. Great happy hour price on house wine. They offer many ethnic selections on their food menu, which I do not eat. My favorite item to order is English Cobb Salad with grilled chicken, peas, blue cheese and scallions ( skipping the bacon ). Their blue cheese dressing is loaded with chunks of blue cheese and some of the best I've tasted. Very friendly and efficient service.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

I was craving fish and chips so I started looking at reviews. This place looked pretty good so we gave it a go. It was different. Had a German or Irish pub feel. Unique beers and typical pub food like fish and chips, shepard's pie, pretzel with beer cheese.

The waitress was okay, but when we asked about the food she was less than encouraging. I asked about the fish and chips and she said, "lots of people order them". Made me think she doesn't eat the food there. Kind of scary. She gave the same response to my husband's question about the shepard's pie (it has a different name, but I can't remember what they called it).

Over all the food was good. I was glad they had a lighter portion option for the fish and chips which was plenty.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Popped on for a beer or two on the patio. Great service and cold beer.

1  Thank Gadger123
Reviewed 27 August 2018

We've enjoyed the British Open since they were located on Rt 41 in Venice, and the new location is very nice, and of course the food is delicious.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

Stopped in for dinner tonight with my wife. We were greeted by a friendly hostess and seated right away. Our waitress arrived shortly thereafter and took our drink orders while letting us peruse the menu. After bringing our drinks she asked if we had any questions and helped me to decide on what to order. Wife had the club sandwich & I had the bangers & mash. The portions were large and the food was delicious. My wife said her sandwich was very good & she liked the chips; she's from Scotland. Mine came with 3 large sausages smothered in onions, mashed potatoes, & peas & carrots with brown gravy. I asked for some extra gravy & it was quickly brought to me. The interior of the restaurant is what one would expect a British pub to look like. Are the food & atmosphere what one might find in the U.K.? Perhaps in London or an area catering to Americans. lol The point is the place is different from what most of us are used to and an Americanized take on a pub. I've lived in the U.K. and believe me their version of an American diner or hamburger is not what we know it to be. So go to the British Open Pub, have a Guiness, choose something from the menu that catches your eye, and let your imagination run wild.